Studies in the Psalms II - Week 4

October 31 ~ Psalm 118:1-4
1-4 Thank God because he's good, because his love never quits.
Tell the world, Israel,
"His love never quits."
And you, clan of Aaron, tell the world,
"His love never quits."
And you who fear God, join in,
"His love never quits."

(Scripture quotations from The Message. © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene Peterson.Used by permission of NavPress, Colorado Springs, CO. All rights reserved. For copies of The Message call (800) 366-7788.)

I am not a quitter! And honestly, sometimes I pursue a situation long after I should probably let it go and move ahead. But I can’t seem to give up – on people OR projects! I guess I am an eternal optimist – or maybe I have “rose-colored glasses” – but I know that God can work miracles where we see no hope. I guess I truly take this passage to heart. I know God never quits on us… so how can we quit on others? God never stops loving us, caring about us, working in our lives to effect positive change. So we must not quit either!

I can think of several times when I surely wanted to quit, can’t you? I have looked back at events in my life… at prayer journals and photo albums… and I see people and events that seemed completely beyond help and hope. But we prayed for them anyway. When it seemed that all was lost and this person was doomed to a life of despair and misfortune, we believed that God could change their thinking and behavior – and their future. When it seemed that a church would split completely in two and possibly dissolve, we believed that God would intervene and strengthen His children and help them to heal. When it seemed that disease would devastate a body and snuff out a life, we called on the Great Healer – and He performed miracles.

Today, you are challenged. Maybe you have just come through mid-terms with less than stellar results, and you are wondering if it is worth the effort to stick with school. Maybe you are in the middle of a relationship that is dissolving – or has dissolved – and you are hurt, angry, and ready to give up on ever loving or being loved. Maybe you are older and in poor health, and you are wondering why God is keeping you here – trapped in a body that doesn’t work like it should. You are wondering how much longer you have on this earth and what your days will bring. Maybe you are a young parent facing horrific economic challenges. You are worried about how you will feed your children, much less send them to college, and you wonder what you may have to sell/sacrifice in order to survive. Maybe you are a “boomer” nearing or just beginning retirement, and you wonder if your investments are going to be sufficient to support you through your “Golden Years.” Maybe you are in a “Spiritual funk.” Your church is struggling, as people question their faith and which direction God is leading them, and you wonder what – and where – God is leading YOU!

Please read today’s scripture passage again. God’s love NEVER quits! That is all you need to remember. No matter how dark it seems now… no matter how uncertain your future may appear… God is still GOD… and He NEVER quits! If you continue to serve Him – to seek Him – to communicate with Him (which means talking to Him AND listening!) – He will answer. God will deliver us… HE will rescue us! God NEVER quits – so neither can we!

©2008 Debbie Robus


-----------------------------------------------------

October 30 ~ Psalm 116:12-19
12-19 What can I give back to God
for the blessings he's poured out on me?
I'll lift high the cup of salvation—a toast to God!
I'll pray in the name of God;
I'll complete what I promised God I'd do,
and I'll do it together with his people.
When they arrive at the gates of death,
God welcomes those who love him.
Oh, God, here I am, your servant,
your faithful servant: set me free for your service!
I'm ready to offer the thanksgiving sacrifice
and pray in the name of God.
I'll complete what I promised God I'd do,
and I'll do it in company with his people,
In the place of worship, in God's house,
in Jerusalem, God's city.
Hallelujah!

(Scripture quotations from The Message. © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene Peterson.Used by permission of NavPress, Colorado Springs, CO. All rights reserved. For copies of The Message call (800) 366-7788.)

We are nearing the month of November, when our thoughts turn to Thanksgiving and being thankful for all of our blessings. This passage is a great outline for how to praise God well. While we can never praise Him enough, there is always more each of us can do to recognize His amazing power and love for us and to acknowledge how grateful we are.

My husband and I have been talking lately about ways to serve God more. And surely, all of us can do this. We don’t have to sell all of our worldly possessions and move to Africa or China to become missionaries. There is plenty we can do in our own backyard. I visited with a dear member of our church recently who is one of my “heroes.” Ms. Peggy may be an octogenarian, but she accomplishes more for the Lord in a day than many of us do in a month! Ms. Peggy is a “lay visitor,” which means she visits people in need… those who are sick, shut-in, lonely, or who just need some occasional company. She tells me that she visits five days a week… usually three to four people per day! In between, she cooks for others and delivers hot soup, warm baked goodies or a casserole, or she invites friends, neighbors and acquaintances to her home for a meal. She also rarely misses an event at our church. If Ms. Peggy isn’t there, you can bet she must be either sick or busy doing for others!

I’m not saying we have to all start visiting three to four people every day of the workweek. Personally, if I started visiting ONE extra person a week, that would be more than I am presently doing. And in visiting that one person, I would be giving back to God for what He has done for me. But there are dozens of ways you can serve, regardless of your age or your time constraints. Here are just a few suggestions that any of us could easily accomplish:
  • Call someone to see how they are doing.
  • Send a card/note – get-well, sympathy, birthday, congratulations, or just “thinking of you”.
  • Prepare a double batch of brownies and share the extras with a neighbor, a shut-in, your college advisor’s office staff, or even the church staff!
  • Offer to run an errand for someone – or call someone who doesn’t get out much and offer to pick up a few things at the store for them as you shop for yourself.
  • Coach a little league team or mentor/tutor children after school.
  • Offer to babysit a young mother’s children so she has a couple of hours to herself.
  • Spend thirty minutes praying for people you hardly know – and those you do!
  • Ask someone how they are doing – and hang around to hear their answer!
  • Offer to pray for someone – or with them – or take advantage of chances to share God’s love and message with someone else.
  • Perform random acts of kindness, like returning shopping carts to the carousel or store, opening doors for others, leaving a more-than-generous tip at a restaurant or fast-food establishment, stopping to say “Hello” to the greeter at Wal-Mart, or giving your child’s teacher a little “just because” gift/treat.
  • Rake an elderly person’s leaves, return your neighbor’s garbage cans from the curb, or thank your cashier and wish him/her a nice day.
I could list more ideas, but you get the picture. And yes, each of these acts of love and service are ways of thanking God and acknowledging HIS love for us. If God calls you to go to Africa or China and serve Him, by all means GO! But God may call you to serve your immediate family, your roommate, your spouse, your friends, and your community. Get busy looking for ways to do this. Ms. Peggy and others like her have raised the bar pretty high, but I believe we are up to the challenge. Where would you like to start?

©2008 Debbie Robus

-------------------------------------------------------

October 29 ~ Psalm 116:7-11
7-8 I said to myself, "Relax and rest.
God has showered you with blessings.
Soul, you've been rescued from death;
Eye, you've been rescued from tears;
And you, Foot, were kept from stumbling."

9-11 I'm striding in the presence of God,
alive in the land of the living!
I stayed faithful, though bedeviled,
and despite a ton of bad luck,
Despite giving up on the human race,
saying, "They're all liars and cheats."

(Scripture quotations from The Message. © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene Peterson.Used by permission of NavPress, Colorado Springs, CO. All rights reserved. For copies of The Message call (800) 366-7788.)


If you have been reading these devotionals for awhile, you know that about 19 months ago, I fell and broke my ankle. I really did a number on my left foot. The doctor initially gave me a fiberglass cast, so for about 10 days, I could not shower. I was reduced to “sponge baths” in the bathroom sink, and I was miserable. Once that cast was removed and I was given a Velcro “boot,” I was able to remove it for showering. My wonderful husband placed a wide kitchen step-stool in our shower. This allowed me to sit safely under the streaming water lather in rich soap, wash my hair, and relax. I still remember how soothing the first shower felt. I sat on the stool and felt all of the tension leave my body as I completely relaxed and let the stream of warm water wash away all of my stress and frustration.

I find it interesting that in our “normal” day-to-day life, a few months can whiz by in what seems like a heartbeat, and we look back and wonder where they went. But let us become incapacitated – unable to walk, confined to bed, or impaired in some way - and the “wait” to recover seems like an eternity. We operate in the context of the world’s rules and standards… the “make it happen now!” culture. We get caught up in the lies and deception of humans who weigh us down with the “blame game” and basing every event on good – or bad – luck.

What we often fail to remember is that GOD is “navigating the waters” with us. He is guiding us and keeping us from stumbling far more often than we realize. And when we do fall, He is there to see us through the recovery… to set us back up and help us “stride” on both feet again. He is there to wash away our stress and frustration like the warm shower… to lather us with blessings… and to wipe away our tears. In Him, we are restored and faithful. Luck has nothing to do with it… it is ALL God!

So what does this mean for us? It means that no matter what we are enduring, God is with us. Nothing is too big for Him. He will be with us through any trial. He will set us back on our feet and shower us with love and blessings. All we have to do is acknowledge Him and let Him work in and through us. When I think of that first warm shower, I am soothed and blessed. And when I think of God’s “shower of blessings,” that feeling is times ten! Sit and relax in God today and let Him shower you with blessings, love and mercy – He has plenty to go around!


©2008 Debbie Robus

--------------------------------------------------------------

October 28 ~ Psalm 116:1-6
1-6 I love God because he listened to me, listened as I begged for mercy.
He listened so intently
as I laid out my case before him.
Death stared me in the face,
hell was hard on my heels.
Up against it, I didn't know which way to turn;
then I called out to God for help:
"Please, God!" I cried out.
"Save my life!"
God is gracious—it is he who makes things right,
our most compassionate God.
God takes the side of the helpless;
when I was at the end of my rope, he saved me.

(Scripture quotations from The Message. © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene Peterson.Used by permission of NavPress, Colorado Springs, CO. All rights reserved. For copies of The Message call (800) 366-7788.)


Do you know someone “at the end of their rope?” Does this describe you? Is “hell hard on your heels?” In other words, is the devil giving you all you feel you can handle – and then some? We’ve all seen movies where a character is hanging by a thread – or the grip of someone’s hand. Death and destruction seems imminent, and in the nick of time, a rescuer arrives… maybe a superhero or someone who is momentarily equipped with what seems like supernatural powers.

In the real world, we truly do have a Superhero – our Rescuer, our Savior – the Lord God Almighty! HE will make things right. When we take a wrong turn or make a bad decision, GOD will show us how to get back on track and turn things around. If you have lived very long at all, you have experienced a time when you felt like nobody was hearing you. You were talking, hinting, maybe even begging to be heard and helped, and it seemed nobody answered. But we see clearly in this Psalm that GOD IS listening. He is listening so intently, and He is hearing us. The answers may not come exactly how and when we want them, but God WILL answer, and He will never fail us.

Recently I took my grandmother for a checkup with her cardiologist, and after the exam, he looked at us and said, “Let’s just tie a knot in this rope and hang on.” That is my advice to you today, based on this Psalm. You may be near the end of your “rope,” but tie a knot and hang on. God hears you… He is gracious… He WILL save you. Praise be to God for His grace and mercy!


©2008 Debbie Robus

---------------------------------------------------------------

October 27 ~ Psalm 112
1-10 Hallelujah! Blessed man, blessed woman, who fear God,
Who cherish and relish his commandments,
Their children robust on the earth,
And the homes of the upright—how blessed!
Their houses brim with wealth
And a generosity that never runs dry.
Sunrise breaks through the darkness for good people—
God's grace and mercy and justice!
The good person is generous and lends lavishly;
No shuffling or stumbling around for this one,
But a sterling and solid and lasting reputation.
Unfazed by rumor and gossip,
Heart ready, trusting in God,
Spirit firm, unperturbed,
Ever blessed, relaxed among enemies,
They lavish gifts on the poor—
A generosity that goes on, and on, and on.
An honored life! A beautiful life!
Someone wicked takes one look and rages,
Blusters away but ends up speechless.
There's nothing to the dreams of the wicked. Nothing.

(Scripture quotations from The Message. © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene Peterson.Used by permission of NavPress, Colorado Springs, CO. All rights reserved. For copies of The Message call (800) 366-7788.)


Have you ever had someone ask you a “question of faith” and you wished you could call to mind a scripture to answer them? It is a good idea for us to build a small mental cache of scriptures, so that we are not caught off guard when this happens. And one passage that could prove very helpful is Psalm 112. I would encourage you to grab a Bible and read this Psalm in the NIV or King James Version and then compare it to the translation here. I believe it will give you added insight and depth of meaning for these verses.

Here are some questions Psalm 112 might help you answer:




  • Why is being a Christian so great… what’s in it for me? (all verses)
  • I feel so helpless/hopeless about my children… will they ever find God? (verse 2)
  • Why should I kill myself working hard, when others seem to breeze along and have things handed to them? (verse 3)
  • This situation makes me so mad… I just want to “kick some butt!”or… They got just what they deserved! (verse 4)
  • I’ve worked hard for what I have… why should I have to share it with others? (verse 9)

I’m sure there are dozens of other situations where this passage and many other scriptures would apply, but these were some that readily came to mind for me… and all from ONE PSALM! So my point is that God’s word is not just to teach, bless and encourage US… but also to equip us to witness to others and share His love with them. Memorize a few verses to share, or at least keep a mental list of a few you can readily look up to share with others. God’s word is as relevant for us today as it ever was. All we have to do is open The Book!

©2008 Debbie Robus

------------------------------------------------------------------

October 26 ~ Psalm 107:33-41
33-41 God turned rivers into wasteland,
springs of water into sunbaked mud;
Luscious orchards became alkali flats
because of the evil of the people who lived there.
Then he changed wasteland into fresh pools of water,
arid earth into springs of water,
Brought in the hungry and settled them there;
they moved in—what a great place to live!
They sowed the fields, they planted vineyards,
they reaped a bountiful harvest.
He blessed them and they prospered greatly;
their herds of cattle never decreased.
But abuse and evil and trouble declined
as he heaped scorn on princes and sent them away.
He gave the poor a safe place to live,
treated their clans like well-cared-for sheep.

42-43 Good people see this and are glad;
bad people are speechless, stopped in their tracks.
If you are really wise, you'll think this over—
it's time you appreciated God's deep love.

(Scripture quotations from The Message. © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene Peterson.Used by permission of NavPress, Colorado Springs, CO. All rights reserved. For copies of The Message call (800) 366-7788.)

This is a great scripture for today, because this is the day that we finally get to see “The House that Job Built” on ABC’s Extreme Makeover Home Edition. In this one-hour episode, which airs at 7:00 p.m. Central Time, we will see how hundreds of people – maybe even more than a thousand – came together for seven days to build the McCully family a safe, comfortable home.In case you are wondering what this has to do with today’s scripture, consider this… Job’s home had more than seen better days. In fact, after he received a double lung transplant last December 11th, Job finally returned to his home in Bigelow, Arkansas, in late February. But the house was no longer safe for him. From what I am told, the house sits under a giant hill, and water had run in and soaked the flimsy framing and created mold. Job’s lungs are so delicate, and frankly, the house was not safe for ANY of his family. So they had to leave their home once again, and move to a rental nearby.

This is where God stepped in and truly “changed the wasteland.” He gave a poor, struggling - but FAITHFUL – family a new place to live. He steered the campaign by friends and loved ones to JAM the mailbox at ABC with postcards asking the crew to come to Job’s house. He sent so many volunteers to aid with the project that many were turned away because there just wasn’t enough for them to do. He sent a construction crew and landscapers and all manner of support from skilled labor to build a safe, secure home – and a retaining wall to hold back the water in the future! He sent creative people to make the house fun and beautiful, warm and cozy.

So tonight, grab a box of tissues and set your TV on ABC… spend an hour seeing for yourself how God can change a wasteland into a safe place to live. Appreciate God’s love – be amazed and speechless. And when the hour is over, keep on being amazed and praising God for such a miracle as Job and how God cares for him. What God does for Job… He will do for us, too. He may not give us a new house – we may not need/deserve one! But He WILL bless us and deliver us from our “wasteland," restore us to a life of safety and blessings, and care for us like sheep!

©2008 Debbie Robus

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 25 ~ Psalm 107:17-32
17-22 Some of you were sick because you'd lived a bad life,
your bodies feeling the effects of your sin;
You couldn't stand the sight of food,
so miserable you thought you'd be better off dead.
Then you called out to God in your desperate condition;
he got you out in the nick of time.
He spoke the word that healed you,
that pulled you back from the brink of death.
So thank God for his marvelous love,
for his miracle mercy to the children he loves;
Offer thanksgiving sacrifices,
tell the world what he's done—sing it out!

23-32 Some of you set sail in big ships;
you put to sea to do business in faraway ports.
Out at sea you saw God in action,
saw his breathtaking ways with the ocean:
With a word he called up the wind—
an ocean storm, towering waves!
You shot high in the sky, then the bottom dropped out;
your hearts were stuck in your throats.
You were spun like a top, you reeled like a drunk,
you didn't know which end was up.
Then you called out to God in your desperate condition;
he got you out in the nick of time.
He quieted the wind down to a whisper,
put a muzzle on all the big waves.
And you were so glad when the storm died down,
and he led you safely back to harbor.
So thank God for his marvelous love,
for his miracle mercy to the children he loves.
Lift high your praises when the people assemble,
shout Hallelujah when the elders meet!

(Scripture quotations from The Message. © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene Peterson.Used by permission of NavPress, Colorado Springs, CO. All rights reserved. For copies of The Message call (800) 366-7788.)

Did you see the movie The Guardian? According to The Internet Movie Data Base (www.imdb.com), “Coast Guard Rescue Swimmer Ben Randall (Kevin Costner) is the only survivor after his helicopter is forced down and crashes into the water during a rescue mission at sea. Ben is coping with the loss of his entire crew when he is assigned to teach at the Coast Guard Rescue Swimmers School. He doesn't want any other men to die during a rescue, so he uses his own training methods that put the new recruits through the toughest test they will ever encounter during a mission.” One of the other characters in the movie, Capt. William Hadley, played by Clancy Brown, has this line… “There is a legend of a man who lives beneath the sea. He is a fisher of men, the last hope of all those who have been left behind. Many survivors claim to have felt his gripping hands beneath them; pushing them up to the surface; whispering strength until help could arrive. But this, of course, is only a legend.”

I’m here to tell you that this is no legend! There IS a “Fisher of Men” in the sea, on land, and in the air… and He is JESUS. He is not the last hope… but the ONLY hope! Many survivors (Christians) HAVE felt His gripping hands beneath them, pushing them up to the surface, whispering strength. Jesus IS our help – in sickness, in health – in the depths of the seas of our sin and despair, and safely back in the harbor of His love.

There are sensational rescue scenes in
The Guardian, but none of these compare with the real rescue GOD can bring to His children – including you and me! Thank Him for His amazing love and mercy… and call on Him to lead you safely to the harbor of living in His will.

©2008 Debbie Robus



----------------------------------------------------------------------

October 24 ~ Psalm 107:10-16
10-16 Some of you were locked in a dark cell,
cruelly confined behind bars,
Punished for defying God's Word,
for turning your back on the High God's counsel—
A hard sentence, and your hearts so heavy,
and not a soul in sight to help.
Then you called out to God in your desperate condition;
he got you out in the nick of time.
He led you out of your dark, dark cell,
broke open the jail and led you out.
So thank God for his marvelous love,
for his miracle mercy to the children he loves;
He shattered the heavy jailhouse doors,
he snapped the prison bars like matchsticks!

(Scripture quotations from The Message. © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene Peterson.Used by permission of NavPress, Colorado Springs, CO. All rights reserved. For copies of The Message call (800) 366-7788.)

We’ve all seen movies or television shows where someone is in jail or prison, and they are thrown in “the hole.” Dark, damp and cold, probably very smelly, and desolate… nothing but a slab for sleeping, maybe, and a toilet… and a slot in the door to slide meals through to the prisoner. The persons depicted on TV and in the movies in these situations seem pretty desperate. Their hearts do seem heavy… and there really isn’t a soul in sight to help.

I’m told that in many of these situations, the only “thing” a person is allowed is a Bible. Honestly, isn’t that the ONE THING you would really need? I know firsthand of someone who was sent to “the hole” for misconduct in the general prison population, and there he was given a Bible. As he read it, God broke open the bars around his heart and led him out of the darkness of a life filled with anger, hate, despair, and sin. He felt the Mercy and love of God snap his “prison bars” like matchsticks. He was still physically in jail, but his heart was free.

Praise God we don’t have to go to actual prison to find God. Praise God we don’t have to be in spiritual bondage, either. There are times when we are so consumed with sin that it feels like we have been separated from God and dismissed to a dark cell. That is our own doing – our choosing the ways of the world (and the devil) – and that does separate us from God. WE choose the prison of our hearts – but GOD holds the key to free us.

Isn’t it about time we cut to the chase? Why waste one minute in the dark, smelly, cold “hole” of sin, when God stands ready to shatter the heavy jailhouse doors and lead us into a life of love and light? If you are free, thank God. If you are still feeling the chains and bars of a prison of sin in ANY area of your life, call on God to free you NOW! Then praise Him for His miraculous love and mercy.


©2008 Debbie Robus
----------------------------------------------------------

October 23 ~ Psalm 107:1-9
1-3 Oh, thank God—he's so good! His love never runs out.
All of you set free by God, tell the world!
Tell how he freed you from oppression,
Then rounded you up from all over the place,
from the four winds, from the seven seas.

4-9 Some of you wandered for years in the desert,
looking but not finding a good place to live,
Half-starved and parched with thirst,
staggering and stumbling, on the brink of exhaustion.
Then, in your desperate condition, you called out to God.
He got you out in the nick of time;
He put your feet on a wonderful road
that took you straight to a good place to live.
So thank God for his marvelous love,
for his miracle mercy to the children he loves.
He poured great draughts of water down parched throats;
the starved and hungry got plenty to eat.

(Scripture quotations from The Message. © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene Peterson.Used by permission of NavPress, Colorado Springs, CO. All rights reserved. For copies of The Message call (800) 366-7788.)

Have you ever been really, really thirsty? Let’s say you are watching a baseball game on a very hot summer day. You go to the concession stand and purchase a soft drink or a bottle of water, and in the blink of an eye all of the quenching liquid has run out. At best, you are left with a few chips of ice… but most likely, the container is drained to the last drop. Yet you are still thirsty… parched and needing more. That is not a good feeling, is it?! You may even say, “If I’d only had about a half a cup more, I would have been satisfied.”

The first verses of this Psalm tell us that God’s love never runs out. Sadly, most of us probably don’t “thirst” for God’s word as much as we should, but I would venture to guess we ALL “thirst” for as much of His love as we can get. And you know what? There is more than enough! As it says in the second half of this Psalm, many of us have to stumble around “on the brink of exhaustion” before we cry out to God – “in the nick of time.” But the GOOD NEWS is that God is right there… ready to answer… ready to quench our “thirst” for Him and then some! “Great draughts of water down parched throats” – think of your thirst at the ballgame. Wouldn’t you have loved to have “great draughts of water?” With God’s love, you can!

Stop wandering around. Don’t wait until the last minute or things are desperate or you are “half-starved and parched with thirst.” Call out to God TODAY. Let Him meet your every need to overflowing. Thank God for such generous love and grace… and drink up!

©2008 Debbie Robus


---------------------------------------------------

October 22 ~ Psalm 103:19-22
19-22 God has set his throne in heaven;
he rules over us all. He's the King!
So bless God, you angels,
ready and able to fly at his bidding,
quick to hear and do what he says.
Bless God, all you armies of angels,
alert to respond to whatever he wills.
Bless God, all creatures, wherever you are—
everything and everyone made by God.
And you, O my soul, bless God!

(Scripture quotations from The Message. © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene Peterson.Used by permission of NavPress, Colorado Springs, CO. All rights reserved. For copies of The Message call (800) 366-7788.)

Do you have things you keep ready at all times? For me, it is a partially packed overnight bag that I can quickly throw my cosmetics, toothbrush and hair dryer into and be ready to go. When I had family members who were ill and I was making frequent sudden trips to hospitals in Little Rock, I learned to keep this bag packed and handy. I also keep my “auction” bag ready – filled with plastic bags, bubble wrap, a visor, a notebook and pen, sunscreen, etc. – so that I don’t get where I’m going with half of the things I want/need. For you, it may be keeping your book bag by the door, ready to head to class. Others may keep a fishing tackle box packed and organized – or your guns clean and ready for hunting trips. Mothers may prepare individual sack lunches the night before so that their children can dash out the door the next morning without delay.

The point is that all of us have preparations we make for certain events and situations. And God is no exception. His angels are waiting “at the ready” to guide and protect us. He is watching over us night and day. The Holy Spirit is walking with us and speaking to us, anticipating our every need. I’m talking heavy-duty, Almighty preparation here! If you want to “travel in High circles,” this is your chance – you won’t get bigger “Celebrity status” than to be cared for by the God of the Ages!

Love like this deserves my highest praise. God deserves every blessing I can send His way, because I promise, He is sending far, far more in the opposite direction! For me, God IS King… what about you? Are you blessing Him and praising Him and His creations? Shouldn’t you be?


©2008 Debbie Robus

No comments: