Daily Devotional for December 25, 2014

Luke 2:25-32
That day a man named Simeon, a Jerusalem resident, was in the Temple. He was a good man, very devout, filled with the Holy Spirit and constantly expecting the Messiah to come soon.  For the Holy Spirit had revealed to him that he would not die until he had seen him—God’s anointed King. The Holy Spirit had impelled him to go to the Temple that day; and so, when Mary and Joseph arrived to present the baby Jesus to the Lord in obedience to the law, Simeon was there and took the child in his arms, praising God.
 
“Lord,” he said, “now I can die content! For I have seen him as you promised me I would. I have seen the Savior you have given to the world. He is the Light that will shine upon the nations, and he will be the glory of your people Israel!”
 
The Living Bible copyright © 1971 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
 
Here we are…Christmas Day 2014!  For some of you, the tree is already back in the box!  For others, this is a big day of celebration…with holiday activities scheduled for days to come.
 
Last night, I watched a Christmas Eve candlelight service on TV, and the pastor said that Christmas is a magnifier.  If things are going great in our lives…then “Christmas” is even bigger and better.  If things are not going well, then “Christmas” makes everything seem worse.
 
My prayer for each of us today is that we could utter the words of Simeon…that we could say, “I have seen Him as God promised.  Jesus is the Light that will shine upon the nations…our glory…our Savior.  He is all that I need!  I am content!” 
 
May Christmas be more than just a day on the calendar – or a season of the year.  May you celebrate more than just the wonderful birth of Jesus on this day.  Truly celebrate HIM…today, tomorrow, and always…and make EVERY day a Merry Christmas Day!
 
©2014 Debbie Robus

No comments: