Daily Devotional for September 29, 2012

September 29 ~ Ephesians 1:15-18
I have heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all of God’s people. So I never stop being grateful for you, as I mention you in my prayers. I ask the glorious Father and God of our Lord Jesus Christ to give you his Spirit. The Spirit will make you wise and let you understand what it means to know God. My prayer is that light will flood your hearts and that you will understand the hope that was given to you when God chose you. Then you will discover the glorious blessings that will be yours together with all of God’s people.

Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991,1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

Suppose someone tells you about a product they think you will love. You try it, based on their recommendation… and you find that words could not describe how wonderful this product truly is. You honestly don’t know how you ever got along without this wonderful item… and you don’t plan to ever be without it again.

I can tell you all day long how wonderful it is to operate in the presence and guidance of the Holy Spirit… but you just have to try Him for yourself to fully understand. And much as I want to, I cannot make you do this. You have to want what the Holy Spirit offers. You have to desire a higher level of faith and holiness… peace and a sense of direction.

Loving Jesus and asking Him to forgive your sins is only part of the picture… a very important part, but still not the full package He offers. In order to get in on everything, you have to “go whole hog!” You must invite the Holy Spirit to live within you and guide your every step. You must work at recognizing His voice… feeling His presence… and operating in His will. This will take time – and practice… but man-oh-man, is it ever worth the effort!

So while I am grateful for you and your faith, just as Paul says in this letter to the people of Ephesus… I want so much more. My prayer is also “that light will flood your hearts and that you will understand the hope that was given to you when God chose you” and offered His Holy Spirit to be your constant companion. I pray that you will discover the glorious blessings that can be yours in this relationship. Don’t take my word for it…discover for yourself what God has in store. A lot of people are in your corner on this… won’t you see “what all the fuss is about?”

©2012 Debbie Robus

No comments: