Daily Devotional for October 1, 2012

Ezekiel 37:1-6
Some time later, I felt the Lord’s power take control of me, and his Spirit carried me to a valley full of bones. The Lord showed me all around, and everywhere I looked I saw bones that were dried out. He said, “Ezekiel, son of man, can these bones come back to life?”

I replied, “Lord God, only you can answer that.”

He then told me to say: Dry bones, listen to what the Lord is saying to you, “I, the Lord God, will put breath in you, and once again you will live. I will wrap you with muscles and skin and breathe life into you. Then you will know that I am the Lord.”

Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991,1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

Have you ever taken a walk in the woods or an open field and come upon a dry animal skeleton? Maybe you stopped and poked at it with a stick to try and figure out what kind of animal it was… or maybe it was evident right away. Either way, it’s a sure bet that animal was not coming back to life… there was nothing you could do to change this!

Life is like “dry bones” a lot of the time. There are situations and circumstances that we simply cannot change. Oh… a lot of us try… but we’re really wasting time and energy! We can’t seem to get it through our heads that there are more than a few things in this world that we cannot fix on our own. We need the power of God!

We’re a stubborn lot! But I can tell you from personal experience that once we move over and get out of God’s way, He can do amazing things. God can even turn dry bones into living creatures! I’m fairly certain you have some “dry bones’ in your life that you need help restoring. I’d be willing to bet there is at least one situation where you could use the power of God… if only you would step aside and let Him work.

Is today a “turning point” day for you? Will this be the moment when you acknowledge your own weakness… and God’s power? Surrender to Him… release whatever is troubling you, and allow God some room to work. Get ready to be amazed and blessed by how well He can resolve and restore all kinds of messes! Give God your “dry bones” today… let Him show you what He can do!

©2012 Debbie Robus

No comments: