Daily Devotional for December 1, 2012

Hebrews 11:1
Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

How many times do you suppose you have said – either to yourself or aloud – “I don’t know how this is going to work out!” in the context of worrying about an outcome or stressing over a challenging situation? It is human nature to over-analyze… to worry, stress, fret, and feel uncertain. This also demonstrates an immature level of faith and confidence.

As we grow in Christian faith and develop our trust in God to meet our needs, we learn that operating in fear, trepidation, worry and frustration is a waste of our time. We realize that we don’t have to always know the outcome… all we really need to understand is that God is handling everything for us. When we get to the point where we can confidently sit back and say, “I don’t know how this is going to work out… and that’s okay!”… everything in life changes.

I wish I could say that I am totally there. But I must admit I still have my moments. However, they are less frequent, and I have even said to others in recent months, “I feel amazingly calm about this!” I am not used to this feeling – yet! But I want to be!

We are so blessed to serve a God who meets our every need… Almighty God, who can truly handle each situation in our life so perfectly that we are assured of outcomes we cannot even predict. We can operate in the confidence of expectation that God will take care of us… orchestrate every detail perfectly… and leave us free to spend our time and energy serving Him by serving others. Don’t you want this faith for yourself? Isn’t it time you began to trust God for your outcomes and rested in His assurance?

The next time you say, “I don’t know how this is going to work out!” I pray you have developed the confidence and level of faith that allows you to add… “but God does - and that’s enough!”

©2012 Debbie Robus

No comments: