Daily Devotional for December 21, 2012

Psalm 46:1-3
God is our mighty fortress, always ready to help in times of trouble. And so, we won’t be afraid!

Let the earth tremble and the mountains tumble into the deepest sea.

Let the ocean roar and foam, and its raging waves shake the mountains.

Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991,1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

Today was the day we were all supposed to die. Many interpreted calculations on a Mayan calendar to indicate that the world would end today… December 21, 2012. But here we are! Matthew 24:36 tells us… “No one knows the day or hour. The angels in heaven don’t know, and the Son himself doesn’t know. Only the Father knows.” That’s good enough for me… what about you?

See, I believe the words of Psalm 46:1-3. I believe that God will help in times of trouble. I trust His mighty strength… He is my fortress. So I say, “Bring it!” Let the mountains tumble and the oceans roar. Let the earth tremble! There has not been a single thing in my life to this day that I could not handle with God’s help. There has yet to be any obstacle too big for Him to overcome… a problem He could not solve.

Did I always like the outcome? Was everything easy, pleasant and “ooey-gooey” nice? Absolutely not! Were there heartaches and difficulties? Most definitely! Was I left alone to figure out how to manage by myself? Never!

I do not dwell on the end of the world – or the end of my life. Either way, I plan to wake up in heaven! I hope you will be there with me someday. I pray that you are trusting God as your mighty fortress… ready to help in times of trouble. I trust that you do not live in fear of the temptations and struggles the devil throws your way. Our God is awesome, amazing, strong and powerful. He never leaves our side.

I don’t know what tomorrow holds… but I know WHO holds tomorrow. I am counting on God to always be my fortress and my strength in all situations. Are you?

©2012 Debbie Robus

No comments: