Daily Devotional for November 9, 2010

Psalm 143:8
Listen, LORD, as I pray! You are faithful and honest and will answer my prayer. I am your servant. Don't try me in your court, because no one is innocent by your standards. My enemies are chasing me, crushing me in the ground. I am in total darkness, like someone long dead.

I have given up all hope, and I feel numb all over. I remember to think about the many things you did in years gone by. Then I lift my hands in prayer, because my soul is a desert, thirsty for water from you. Please hurry, LORD, and answer my prayer. I feel hopeless. Don't turn away and leave me here to die.

Each morning let me learn more about your love because I trust you. I come to you in prayer, asking for your guidance.

Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991,1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

If you have never felt hopeless or like you were being crushed in the ground, you probably will someday. You’ll get a diagnosis that scares the socks off of you, or you will lose a loved one, or you’ll have to figure out how you are going to make ends meet on a salary cut – or after you lose your job… or you will have to choose a college and figure out how to pay the tuition… or you will grow old and have to face choices about moving to a nursing home or assisted living facility.

Someday, somehow, a challenge is going to knock you to your knees. The question is… what will you do? Who will you call on to help you? Who will you trust? I don’t care what human being you call on… if you don’t call on God, you will miss the mark and fail to have the best outcome or make the best decision! It really is that critical. If you don’t believe me, just ask a few people who faced major challenges and tried to figure things out on their own… or with the help of “mere mortals.”

The only One who can rescue you when you are “numb all over” is God. The only One who can restore your hope, set you upright and give you perfect guidance is our Heavenly Father. And you know what? He will do exactly that, if only we will trust Him! We may not exactly like His answers… or His timing. But if we will wake up each morning and ask, “Okay, Lord… what do you have for me today?”… He will answer… and He will amaze you with His wisdom.

Have you spoken to God today about your challenges? Isn’t it time you did?

©2010 Debbie Robus

No comments: