Daily Devotional for March 29, 2013

March 29 ~ Psalm 26:1-3
Show that I am right, Lord!  I stay true to myself, and I have trusted you without doubting.
 
Test my thoughts and find out what I am like.
 
I never forget your kindness, and I am always faithful to you.
 
Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
 
Years ago, I was called for jury duty.  I sat with fellow citizens, awaiting my turn before the judge.  He asked each of us questions to determine whether we would be suitable jury members.  Those of us who felt we could not serve were given a chance to plead our case.  For my part, I stood before the bench and explained that my husband and I were the sole employees in our business, and it would be an extraordinary hardship for me to be away for a week or more to serve on a jury.  I’ll admit… I was a little bit nervous as I stood before the bench.  But the judge was very nice and excused me right away.
 
This has been my only experience in court.  But I’ve seen and heard enough to know that standing before a judge to plead your case can be daunting at best… even if you know you are right!  And I have no doubt that when I stand before God Almighty on my ultimate Judgment Day, I should have every reason to be nervous.  But I will have nothing to fear… because I belong to Jesus!

The blood of Christ and His sacrifices on my behalf give me assurance that I will have nothing to fear.  All of my sins have been washed clean.  They have been erased from the Lamb’s Book of Life… forgiven completely and scattered “as far as East is from West!”  And while I remain on earth, I can come before God with confidence and ask Him to support me and meet my needs… as long as I am confident that I live faithfully - that I trust without doubting, and I stay true to myself.
 
When we know that we are doing the right thing, we have no trepidations… nothing to hide. We can boldly come before the throne of God…not worthy to be there, but fully entitled because of Jesus.  What about you?  Are you living with integrity?  Do you have confidence that you are right and true… that God can test your thoughts and find you blameless?  Are you “washed in the blood” of Jesus Christ, and thereby forgiven for all eternity?  Are your present thoughts, words and actions pleasing to God?  Does the image of having to stand before Him today and ask for His love and care make you nervous?  It shouldn’t!
 
Search your heart.  Look for areas where you may not be fully operating with honor and integrity, and get a handle on them.  Live in a way that you can say on any given day – at any time – “Test my thoughts and find out what I am like.  Show that I am right, Lord!”  Make living with integrity as fundamental in your life as breathing… and stand before the LORD with full faith and confidence - now and for all eternity.
 
©2013 Debbie Robus

No comments: