Daily Devotional for December 22, 2013

Psalm 43:5
Why am I discouraged?
    Why is my heart so sad?
I will put my hope in God!
    I will praise him again—
    my Savior and my God!

 
Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
 
A failing grade…a lost job…spending the holidays away from family and friends…grieving the loss of a loved one…no money to pay bills – much less buy Christmas gifts…illness or injury…a broken relationship…a house or other property that won’t sell…aging and all of the nuances that accompany this phase of life…disappointment of any kind…all of these are reasons to feel discouraged.  Any of it is enough to make your heart sad… and God understands this!
 
God also offers us hope… and redemption.  He will lift us out of our discouragement and sadness.  I cannot tell you exactly how… when… or where.  But I know that He will.  He’s done it for me… countless times… and I know that He will do it again.  And He will do this for YOU, as well!
 
“But I still have all of these problems and sadness!” you may be saying.  I’m sure you do!  I didn’t say that God would instantly fix everything for you and make life hunky-dory!  But I will tell you this… someday you will look back and reflect on this time.  If you have remained hopeful, sought God’s help - and trusted Him to deliver on His promises - you will look at this time and say, “Ohhhh… so that’s what He was showing me.  That’s why it took XYZ amount of time...God was working things out all along!”  Again, I cannot tell you how it will happen… or how quickly… but God will answer you - every time!
 
Today… as you experience life in whatever form it is presenting itself to you…feel God’s presence.  Put your hope in Him and believe that He is meeting your needs.  Praise Him for being with you in all circumstances… call Him your Savior and God and operate in full confidence that He will bring you joy and peace… today, and always.
 
©2013 Debbie Robus

No comments: