Daily Devotional for January 30, 2015

1 John 2:13
I am writing to you who are mature in the faith because you know Christ, who existed from the beginning.
 
I am writing to you who are young in the faith because you have won your battle with the evil one.
 
The Living Bible copyright © 1971 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
 
A neighbor knocked on our door one recent morning and offered me a book on “end times”.  He insisted that this was the definitive explanation of everything.  I thanked him, but I explained that I do not get caught up in all of the fuss about “end times”…I don’t plan to be here for them!  I also have more unread books on my shelves than I could get to in a year, so I am really don’t want/need more reading material!
 
I don’t mean to be flippant about the second coming of Christ.  But so many people – including those who claim to be Spirit-filled Christians – are pretty well consumed by these studies.  Their talk has an edge of fear to it.  Yes, the Bible tells us that after the Rapture, there will be years of unthinkable horrors…and no, we do NOT want to be “left behind”.
 
But the solution is easy…give your heart to Jesus and live for Him now.  Enjoy a deep and abiding fellowship with our Heavenly Father now…and forever...and get on with living in His blessings and promises every single day.
 
How does this relate to the scripture passage for today?  I believe that John is telling us that God is available to all who call on Him…whether you are an “old”, seasoned Christian who has walked with Him for decades…or a new Christian who just surrendered your heart and asked for His forgiveness.  A good case in point would be a 98-year-old lady in our community who passed away recently.  This little lady gave her heart to Jesus on her deathbed…and I am confident that she was welcomed into His arms at Heaven’s gate.
 
John’s message is that God is here with us…His love and care is available for all of us – young and old in Christ.  All who believe and receive Him will miss the Rapture – one way or another!  This is GOOD NEWS!  We need to embrace this amazing gift and get busy basking in the love of Christ – and sharing Him with others as He leads us.  If the Rapture comes in our lifetime…I’ll see you on the other side!  Meanwhile, I plan to be busy living for Jesus…what about you?
 
©2015 Debbie Robus

No comments: