Daily Devotional for April 1, 2013


April 1 ~ Psalm 7:8-10
Our Lord, judge the nations!  Judge me and show that I am honest and innocent.  You know every heart and mind, and you always do right. Now make violent people stop, but protect all of us who obey you.
 
You, God, are my shield, the protector of everyone whose heart is right.
 
Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991,1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.
 
I don’t know about you, but when I do something mundane – like vacuum the floors – I use that time to talk with God.  Sometimes, I talk... other times, GOD does the talking.  Today was mostly one of those days when I did a lot of listening.  See, I was pouring out to God my concerns for several situations.  I was saying, “LORD, I’ve tried everything.  I’ve done my best to live honorably and with integrity.  I have made every attempt to do the right thing in these instances … to be the person you have called me to be.  I have worked diligently to operate with grace, mercy, forgiveness, and compassion.  I truly don’t know what else to do.”
 
Very clearly, God answered… “Move over and give me room to work.  Haven’t I shown you that I can handle far bigger things than this?  Haven’t I answered you in the past when you called on me?  What’s different now?  Step aside… I’ve got this!”
 
I’ll admit…I was more than a little humbled.  Truly, God is the protector of everyone whose heart is right… their shield and defender.  Surely we have not so quickly forgotten the miracle of Easter… God’s indisputable power to do all things – not to mention His incredible, unconditional love for us!  Yes, God protects those who give their hearts to Jesus and serve Him with honor and integrity.  But God expects us to give Him our trust… and to allow Him room to work!
 
I don’t know what you are bringing before God today.  But if you are serving Him with truth, decency and respect… if you are demonstrating to others moral character and noble principles… you truly have nothing to fear.  God will shield you and those you love… He will protect your interests – which includes the concerns of those you lift in intercessory prayer.  YOUR JOB is to move over and allow Him the necessary room to work!  As my friend Susan puts it, “You have to let God drive the car!”  Who is in YOUR driver’s seat?  Is it time for you slide over and ride for a while?
 
©2013 Debbie Robus

No comments: