Daily Devotional for February 25, 2015

Jeremiah 29:11-14
I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

“When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I’ll listen.

“When you come looking for me, you’ll find me.

Scripture quotations from The Message. © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene Peterson.  Used by permission of NavPress, Colorado Springs, CO.  All rights reserved.

Anyone who knows me very well knows that I am a “git-r-done” kind of woman.  Okay, some would translate this as “impatient”…and I will admit, it’s in my genes to act quickly and with determination!  But over the years I have discovered the merits of waiting and exercising patience.  And this wisdom has been particularly valuable in matters that involve a major decision – or challenge my faith!

I am a work in progress, but I know more than ever that God’s timing is precious – and perfect.  So as I talk to Him about situations – over and over – and nothing seems to change…I try not to get discouraged or frustrated.  I remind myself that He must be working on something really good!  After all, God has promised that He has it all planned out – our care AND our future.  God assures us in this passage that He IS listening, and that when we look for Him, we will find Him.

Not only do we like to ask God “Why?”…we also spend a lot of time asking Him “When?”  My challenge for all of us today is that we would hear God’s words in this passage – and hear them well.  “I know what I am doing,” He tells us.  “I have it all planned out!”

We’ve read this passage – and others in which God assures us of His presence and power – a zillion times.  Now it’s time for us to move out of the way and let Him work!  I’m pretty sure we will be blown away by the results!  Are you with me?


©2015 Debbie Robus

No comments: