Daily Devotional for July 14, 2010

Acts 26:16
“Now stand up. I have appeared to you, because I have chosen you to be my servant. You are to tell others what you have learned about me and what I will show you later."

Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991,1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

If you saw my house, you might not believe this, but I’m something of a stickler for neatness and cleanliness. And when it comes to Timothy, some would probably say I’m obsessive. If I know he is coming to visit, I vacuum the floors, disinfect his toys, change the linens in his crib, and make sure everything is in order. I consider it a great honor that my niece trusts us to care for her child, and I want to be sure I do everything necessary to ensure he is safe, loved, and nurtured when he is with us.

We all give attention to what is important to us. For some, it may be a prized vehicle. Maybe you wash your car several times a week and make sure it stays in tip-top running condition. Others may have a special collection… a sport they devote time and attention to… or even a gadget, such as an iPhone, laptop, or home theater. Whatever we value, we give care and attention.

Do we give this much care and attention to our relationship with God? Shouldn’t we? If God loves us so much that He chose us to be His servants, doesn’t this indicate how important we are to Him? Doesn’t this merit the care, attention, and nurturing of our relationship with Him? While you may feel you take pretty good care of your relationship with God, I assure you, none of us does enough. Ask Him to show you where you could step it up a level… then get busy doing so. We’ve been chosen to be Christ’s servants… it’s time to stand up and act like it!


©2010 Debbie Robus

No comments: