Daily Devotional for July 9, 2010

Philippians 4:12-13
I know what it is to be poor or to have plenty, and I have lived under all kinds of conditions. I know what it means to be full or to be hungry, to have too much or too little. Christ gives me the strength to face anything.

Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991,1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.


No matter what you have experienced, I guarantee you the Apostle Paul endured worse. Yet he boldly acknowledged that Christ gave him strength to face anything. Don’t you believe that God will do the same for you? If you have studied Paul’s life, you know that he was not always so faithful. You know that once, he was an enemy of Jesus… and may have even been present at the crucifixion, known then as Saul.

I know some of you have endured incredible hardships and challenges. I know some of you face tremendous uncertainties, heartaches, and disappointments. But I also know that what God did for Saul/Paul, He will most certainly do for us. And we can all face anything if we put our trust in Jesus Christ.

Regardless of who you are or where you are in life… no matter what you are facing… God’s grace and strength are sufficient for each of us. Step out in faith and ask Him to guide you. Put Christ at the forefront of your thoughts, and focus on Him as you tackle any and all challenges… from the tiniest issue to those that seem insurmountable. See how well He cares for you… how He strengthens you each day. I hope we never have to endure the trials and tribulations that Paul faced. But I know that Christ Jesus will give us the strength to face whatever comes our way. Do you believe this?

©2010 Debbie Robus

No comments: