Daily Devotional for May 25, 2015

Isaiah 1:18
Come, let’s talk this over, says the Lord; no matter how deep the stain of your sins, I can take it out and make you as clean as freshly fallen snow. Even if you are stained as red as crimson, I can make you white as wool!

The Living Bible copyright © 1971 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Thanks to Pinterest and posts on Facebook, I have a new favorite stain remover.  It’s a concoction of 3% hydrogen peroxide, water, and a few drops of Dawn® dish soap!  For things like shower grout and other tough stains, I found a recipe that also adds baking soda. I mixed all of these ingredients in a spray bottle that I purchased at Dollar Tree®.  A few hours later, I heard this little hissing sound in my laundry room.  The “power” of this mixture caused the plastic to swell and spring a tiny hole…and the cleaner was spraying out onto the counter! 

I moved the cleaning solution to a sturdier container, and I made a mental note that this was obviously strong stuff!  I love to spray the shower tile and watch the grout brighten – with little to no scrubbing.  When Zola spilled ketchup down the front of her dress, I sprayed the peroxide/Dawn mixture on the stain, dabbed at it with a damp cloth, and all traces of ketchup totally disappeared.  It feels good to know that I am able to clean even the deepest of stains and not harm the soiled surface – or the environment.  And this solution smells fantastic!

I am amazed that a combination of ingredients that will clean shower grout, remove ketchup stains and more, and disinfect in the process is also incredibly gentle.  I feel safe using it around children and pets…and confident that things are really clean.  If you stop and think about it, you could apply this to Jesus.  He is the most gentle, loving, kind and caring Friend we will ever know…and yet, He can make all of our sins disappear with a whisper.  He can literally wash us as white as freshly fallen snow or lamb’s wool. It doesn’t matter how old or deep the stain is…or how huge and ugly the blemish appears…Jesus can erase it all with His powerful yet gentle touch.

It doesn’t matter who you are or how hard you try…I’m willing to bet you have at least one stained garment in your closet or drawer…and a stain or two of sin on your heart.  We are human, imperfect…in need of a good washing from Jesus Christ.  And He is the ultimate “Stain Remover.” 

There is no need for us to be martyrs…to carry our sins and blemishes around like some sort of “badge of shame.”  Jesus is ready, willing and able to remove them all.  He’s waiting…with arms wide open…saying, “C’mon…let’s talk this over.  I can fix things.”  Aren’t you ready to let Him?  Will this be the day that you truly “come clean?”


©2015 Debbie Robus

No comments: