Daily Devotional for May 7, 2015

Acts 22:16
Open my eyes to see wonderful things in your Word.    What are you waiting for? Get up! Be baptized, and wash away your sins by praying to the Lord.”

Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991,1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

  • Not today.
  • When I have time.
  • When I get good and ready.
  • I will if you will.
  • That’s just not me.
  • I will not be manipulated into anything.
  • I will someday, but I’m still having fun and “sowing my wild oats.”
  • Maybe someday.
  • When I “fix” a few things…I’m not worthy right now.
Be honest.  We have all made these excuses – or some form of them.  Even if we know we should give our hearts to Jesus and turn from a life of sin, we have trouble making the commitment.  It’s like we think we will be jumping off a cliff into a dark abyss.  And I will be the first to say that I have a love/hate relationship with ledges…they scare me half to death, but I am sometimes curious about what lies beneath them!

In truth, surrendering your heart to Jesus IS a leap of faith…but not into darkness or danger.  And certainly, this “ledge” leads to anything but an evil abyss. Giving your heart to Jesus is a one-way ticket into His waiting arms…strong, secure – yet soft and peaceful. We don’t have to “fix” a thing beforehand…Jesus will handle all of this for us.  If we really understand what it means to abide in Jesus and be His forever, we would RUN LIKE THE WIND to get to Him!

So today is the day to run…if you haven’t done so already.  And if you have wandered back toward that ledge and flirted with the darkness, this is the day to step away.  What ARE you waiting for?  Ditch the excuses and take the “leap of faith” that makes all the difference!  The arms of Jesus are wide open…and ready to hold you for all Eternity!

   
©2015 Debbie Robus 

No comments: