Daily Devotional for September 10, 2011

Psalm 109:26-28
Please help me, LORD God! Come and save me because of your love. Let others know that you alone have saved me. I don't care if they curse me, as long as you bless me.

Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991,1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

If you want a true lesson in frustration, try reasoning with a two-year-old. Tell this small child that the nice doctor with the scary device he is aiming at your ear will not hurt. Convince him/her that you have to stop doing something fun and go to sleep… and that you will play again tomorrow… whatever that means!

To God, we must be as frustrating as a two-year-old! He has shown us and told us repeatedly that His plans are good ones… that His will is perfect… that He wants only the best for us. Yet we are scared to death to surrender and operate in His will. “But I won’t have any more fun!” you may be saying. “But I’m scared… what if I lose my friends?” “I’ll lose my job… my club membership… my family/spouse/significant other!”

First of all, you may have more fun when you operate in God’s will than you ever imagined. Whomever you lose… whatever is taken from you… won’t matter nearly as much as you think. God will make everything right. It may seem hard at first… and you may wonder if you made the right choice. But the minute you surrender to God’s will and allow Him to have control, the blessings will start to flow in ways you never realized.

You might find that your significant other, family, and friends take a look at your life and make changes in their own. God might leave you in your present job or situation, so that you can serve Him “from the inside.” You really don’t know what God will do… and that doesn’t matter… because it will be the right thing. That’s all you have to know.

So pray the prayer that David prayed. Ask God to come and save you… and to let others know that He alone did this. Let others see you operating in the will of God, regardless of the “consequences” – and how He blesses you for your obedience. Allow God to show you how abundantly He can fill your life and compensate for any losses you may fear. Give Him the chance to defend you to others… and to give you amazing freedom in the form of His love and blessings.

©2011 Debbie Robus

No comments: