Daily Devotional for September 23, 2011

Psalm 112:5-8
Life will go well for those who freely lend and are honest in business. They won't ever be troubled, and the kind things they do will never be forgotten. Bad news won't bother them; they have decided to trust the LORD. They are dependable and not afraid, and they will live to see their enemies defeated.

Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991,1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

When I read this passage, I immediately thought of my husband. He is a generous, honest person – and a savvy businessman. He doesn’t lose his cool in a crisis or when a problem arises. He calmly faces things head-on and rationally. And he is successful in all areas of life.

I can tell you, in our 40+ years together, I have often wondered how he did it. But more than once he has said to me, “If you really have the faith in God that you say you have, you can handle this.” And he is right! When we trust the LORD, we have nothing to fear. Sure, we may have troubles and crises. Yes, we may receive bad news. But we will never face anything that God can’t help us handle.

God wants us to be faithful. He wants us to be honest and fair, loyal to others… and to Him. And I’ll be honest… I’ve needed this scripture reminder several times lately. Have you? Sometimes I need to be reminded that God will defeat my enemies and solve my problems…if I will surrender them to Him. He will handle my troubles… and bad news may still come, but it won’t defeat me.

I hope you have good examples of faithful people to inspire you. I am thankful that I have a Godly, faith-filled husband who reminds me of Who is in charge when necessary… and helps me to adjust my “stinkin’ thinkin’” and get back on track. I pray that you will take this scripture passage to heart and think about it often. Trust the LORD in all things… live an honest and kind life that glorifies Him… and kick your fears to the curb once and for all.

©2011 Debbie Robus

No comments: