Daily Devotional for November 24, 2011

Psalm 138
With all my heart I praise you, LORD. In the presence of angels I sing your praises. I worship at your holy temple and praise you for your love and your faithfulness. You were true to your word and made yourself more famous than ever before. When I asked for your help, you answered my prayer and gave me courage.

All kings on this earth have heard your promises, LORD, and they will praise you. You are so famous that they will sing about the things you have done. Though you are above us all, you care for humble people, and you keep a close watch on everyone who is proud.

I am surrounded by trouble, but you protect me against my angry enemies. With your own powerful arm you keep me safe. You, LORD, will always treat me with kindness. Your love never fails. You have made us what we are. Don't give up on us now!

Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991,1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

Since the first of this month, many have been posting a daily list on Facebook of things for which they are thankful. Truly we all have a lot to be thankful for every day of the year… and so much for which to sing praises to the LORD.

Today, many of us will pause to gather with family and friends, stuff ourselves silly with rich food and far too many calories, and spend the day watching football or movies, playing games, visiting, and participating in whatever activities are part of our Thanksgiving Day tradition. But let’s also take time to consider the words of this passage and give praise to God for all He does for us. Let’s thank Him for being true to His word, and giving us courage, love and faithfulness.

Let’s honor God for protecting us from our enemies and keeping us safe… and for never giving up on us. And let’s be sure to thank Him for sending Jesus to die for our sins, so that we will feast at His table in Heaven someday.

We don’t deserve the great love and care of our Almighty God… and this is what makes it so special. The beauty of our relationship with God is that He loves us unconditionally… freely… and in spite of ourselves. I pray that you will enjoy your Thanksgiving Day… and that you will find time to praise God for His unending blessings. Happy Thanksgiving!

©2011 Debbie Robus

No comments: