Daily Devotional for April 28, 2012

April 28 ~ Psalm 34:7-9
God's angel sets up a circle of protection around us while we pray.

Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see - how good God is. Blessed are you who run to him.

Worship God if you want the best; worship opens doors to all his goodness.

Scripture quotations from The Message. © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene Peterson. Used by permission of NavPress, Colorado Springs, CO. All rights reserved.

My husband and I have been watching Discovery Channel’s “Frozen Planet” about life in the Arctic and Antarctica. On one episode, hungry wolves approached a herd of bison, hoping to capture a slower, weaker yearling for dinner. The older bison encircled the young calf and protected it. The wolves were intimidated and retreated. I was reminded that, even in nature, God offers His circle of protection. I am comforted to think that when I pray to Him, His angels encircle me and protect me. I am grateful to think that I am ministered to by these agents of God as I pour out my heart to Him.

A few weeks ago, we went to a local steak house for dinner. We had eaten at this restaurant years ago, but they recently re-opened after being out of business for several years. We ordered our favorite – filet mignon – and when the food arrived and we tasted the first bite, we were both transported back in time. We savored the flavorful, tender beef and smiled at how delicious it tasted. We felt blessed!

Do you think of angels surrounding you… encircling you with protection when you pray? Do you savor God’s goodness like a well-cooked steak? Do you run to Him and seek His very best for you… worship Him and praise His blessings over your life? What do you suppose would change in your life if you did this? Are you ready and willing to find out?

©2012 Debbie Robus

No comments: