Daily Devotional for March 16, 2010

March 16 ~ Psalm 25:1, 4-5
I offer you my heart, LORD God...

Show me your paths and teach me to follow; guide me by your truth and instruct me. You keep me safe, and I always trust you.

Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991,1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

My husband and I hiked up to the summit of Sugar Loaf Mountain one warm spring day. We had not been there in a few years, but the familiar path was still there, and in no time at all, we were at the spot where it is easiest – and relatively safest – to climb to the top. When we set out on our little hike, we trusted that the path was still there… that we would be able to find “Fat Man’s Squeeze” in the rocks and get to our final destination. And we were not disappointed. The path we had used many times as children led us where we wanted to go, just like an old friend.

Not all paths are familiar ones. There have been times when we have made treks that took us down unknown roads or over terrain which we had never seen before – both physically and figuratively. And sometimes in life, Satan is able to lead us down a path that ends in disappointment or destruction… and goes nowhere. The key to choosing the right “path” is to first seek God… ask Him to guide your steps and show you the way. This may involve prayer, meditation, Bible study, consulting Christian friends… or just plain reading a good map! But we can trust God to always get us where we need to go.

It starts with this prayer… “Show me your paths and teach me to follow… guide me by your truth, instruct me, and keep me safe.” He can… He will… are you trusting Him to do this?

©2010 Debbie Robus

No comments: