Daily Devotional for March 3, 2010

March 3 ~ Isaiah 50:10
Who out there fears God, actually listens to the voice of his servant?


For anyone out there who doesn't know where you're going, anyone groping in the dark, Here's what: Trust in God. Lean on your God!

Scripture quotations from The Message. © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene Peterson. Used by permission of NavPress, Colorado Springs, CO. All rights reserved. For copies of The Message call (800) 366-7788.

I don’t know about you, but I don’t like to walk into a dark house or room. Throughout our house, there are always lamps or lights of some sort glowing – if only a solar night light to guide our steps in the middle of the night. I heard an older person complain that nowadays, we are never truly in the dark, because there are so many lights on electronics that continually glow in our houses.

We can choose to have a Spiritual “light” on all the time in our hearts. We can choose to lean on God and know that He is always with us, guiding our steps. We never have to stumble or fumble around in the dark. We never have to get lost and go down the wrong path. GOD can keep us headed in the right direction! We just have to trust Him. We have to respect His power and authority and LISTEN to His voice.

As much as I dislike a dark house, I dislike Spiritual darkness even more. I don’t like the empty, confused feeling of fumbling in the dark Spiritually and not knowing which direction to go. I don’t enjoy feeling distant from God and His guidance. But the good news is that I don’t HAVE to feel this way! I can “flip the switch” so to speak and do the things that keep me in right relationship with God. HE will light my way and keep me from groping in the dark. And that is a very comforting feeling. Who is lighting your way these days? Are you listening to God and the voice of His servant?

©2009 Debbie Robus

No comments: