Daily Devotional for February 21, 2010

February 21 ~ Romans 8:26
In certain ways we are weak, but the Spirit is here to help us. For example, when we don't know what to pray for, the Spirit prays for us in ways that cannot be put into words.

Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991,1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

Have you ever been talking with someone and trying to think of another person’s name… or the right word to use… and the person you are talking with fills in the gap for you? Sometimes, words just won’t come. And sometimes, we find ourselves at a loss of what to say or how to pray… the words simply will not come to us. Skipping prayer at this time is NOT the solution. In fact, this is when we really need prayer the most!

Understand just how powerful the Holy Spirit is within you. When things are at a point where you find yourself at a loss… when you are so overwhelmed that you cannot express what you are feeling… the Holy Spirit can pray for you. How does this work? Try this… when you find yourself in a situation where you are at a loss for words to pray, sit quietly. Meditate on God and visualize Him handling your situation. Listen for that “Inner Voice” – do you hear it? God is speaking to you and communicating with you through the Holy Spirit. Open your Bible and read scripture… try the Psalms, for starters… and see answers, peace and reassurance come to life right before your eyes. THAT is the Holy Spirit at work, guiding you, interpreting what you cannot express and manifesting it in prayer… then giving you answers and consolation.

When I find myself overwhelmed or at a loss, I like to find a quiet spot where I can sit, close my eyes, and whisper, “Come, Holy Spirit.” And He does… He calms me, soothes me, listens to what I cannot verbalize and works within me. I don’t get up until I sense a change… that God has heard me… that I am more peaceful and my mood has lifted. Then I know that God is working… that through the Holy Spirit, help is on the way. I’m rarely at a loss for words, but when I am, I know God will hear me anyway. I am so grateful to know God has given us His Holy Spirit to be our constant Companion. Are YOU counting on the Holy Spirit to speak for you when words fail?

©2009 Debbie Robus

No comments: