Daily Devotional for February 26, 2010

February 26 ~ Isaiah 45:9-13
The LORD said: Israel, you have no right to argue with your Creator. You are merely a clay pot shaped by a potter. The clay doesn't ask, "Why did you make me this way? Where are the handles?"

Children don't have the right to demand of their parents, "What have you done to make us what we are?" I am the LORD, the Creator, the holy God of Israel. Do you dare question me about my own nation or about what I have done?

I created the world and covered it with people; I stretched out the sky and filled it with stars.

I have done the right thing by placing Cyrus in power, and I will make the roads easy for him to follow. I am the LORD All-Powerful! Cyrus will rebuild my city and set my people free without being paid a thing. I, the LORD, have spoken.

Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991,1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

Every single one of us will question God at some point. “Why did you give me this body shape?” “Why did you allow me to be born to parents who were abusive or addictive?” “Why did you allow me to have a huge birthmark on the side of my face?” “Why was I born?”

The answer is found in Isaiah 45. God knows more than we do. His ways may be mysterious, and even seem unfair at times. But we were created by the God of the Universe, the Holy Creator who can design the world and cover it with people – stretch out the sky and fill it with stars – and we want to ask Him why we have a certain hair color or freckles on our nose?

We seem to have forgotten WHO we serve. Sometimes it seems like we have decided we are entitled to tell God how to run things, as if we could do so much better. We need to remind ourselves WHO is in charge… and why. We need to realize that the all-powerful God of the Universe didn’t just create us… He ADORES us and wants to give us untold blessings. Are we paying attention? Are we embracing our wonderful, unique selves as God made us? Are we recognizing God’s power and bowing before Him? Shouldn’t we be?

©2009 Debbie Robus

No comments: