Daily Devotional for February 25, 2010

February 25 ~ Isaiah 45:1-8
The LORD said to Cyrus, his chosen one: I have taken hold of your right hand to help you capture nations and remove kings from power. City gates will open for you; not one will stay closed. As I lead you, I will level mountains and break the iron bars on bronze gates of cities. I will give you treasures hidden in dark and secret places. Then you will know that I, the LORD God of Israel, have called you by name. Cyrus, you don't even know me! But I have called you by name and highly honored you because of Israel, my chosen servant.


Only I am the LORD! There are no other gods. I have made you strong, though you don't know me. Now everyone from east to west will learn that I am the LORD. No other gods are real. I create light and darkness, happiness and sorrow. I, the LORD, do all of this. Tell the heavens to send down justice like showers of rain. Prepare the earth for my saving power to sprout and produce justice that I, the LORD, create.

Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991,1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

Imagine driving through a major city, and block after block, as you approach the light, it turns green. It’s as if someone is watching and turning the lights just for you… and you feel pretty darn important! The truth is, you probably just hit the light sequence at the right time… and in essence, you got lucky!

With God, luck is never involved. You are important to Him… and He wants to open doors and give you “green lights” and more. God has the power to do wonderful, amazing things in our lives… and He wants to do them! There is one catch… we must recognize Him as our one and ONLY God. We just acknowledge Him and His power… and behave like the chosen servant we are.

Serving a God who can move mountains and create light and darkness seems like a no-brainer, yet we find all sorts of reasons to do otherwise, both consciously and subconsciously. Let’s start making a concerted effort to serve God well. Let’s start acting like we deserve to be His chosen servants, even if we don’t! Let’s prepare the earth for the Lord’s saving power… the all-powerful God who cares enough to know each of us by our name. Feel His strength flowing through you… feel Him holding your hand. With God, ALL things are possible!

©2009 Debbie Robus

No comments: