Daily Devotional for April 10, 2015

Psalm 46:10
Our God says, “Calm down,
    and learn that I am God!
    All nations on earth
    will honor me.”

Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991,1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

“Lord, it’s me again!  Do you remember that thing that I’ve been talking about to You?  Well, Lord, it’s still not fixed!  Lord, what are we going to do about this?  I need your help!  I can’t do this on my own.  But it needs to be fixed.  Lord?  Lord??  LORD???”

How many times have we all done this?  I know I have done it more times than I care to count.  There is quite a difference between reminding God about a need or concern…lifting someone to Him in prayer for help, healing or general care… and wearing Him out with persistent pestering!  But some of us want to badger God with our constant petitions.  And this where we need to insert Psalm 46:10.  “Calm down, and learn that I am God!”  Know that God will answer when – and how – best suits His plans.  It will be perfect!  Trust me…I’ve learned this the hard way!

In the King James Version of the Bible, this verse begins, “Be still, and know that I am God…”  Engrave this on your heart…write it on the wall or the back of your hand.  Hang this verse on your refrigerator or post a note on the bathroom mirror.  But do not forget to “be still”…and recognize who God is.  Understand the fact that He is present in your life…ready, willing and able to do all things according to His will – perfectly and in the right time.

Aren’t you tired of badgering and nagging?  Aren’t you ready to “calm down” and  KNOW that God is with you and in complete control.  Wouldn’t this be the perfect day to begin?  Are you ready to “be still and know”?


©2015 Debbie Robus

No comments: