Daily Devotional for April 23, 2015

Psalms 80:1
O Shepherd of Israel who leads Israel like a flock; O God enthroned above the Guardian Angels, bend down your ear and listen as I plead. Display your power and radiant glory.

The Living Bible copyright © 1971 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

How often do you plead with God about something?  If you are like most people, the answer is…”Pretty often!”  Now here’s the bigger question…how often do you trust Him to answer?  I mean REALLY BELIEVE that God will hear your prayer and act on it.  Notice I didn’t say that He will hear and do whatever you asked…because often what we ask for is not what is really needed.

I don’t think I am all that different from a lot of people, and I know that there have been many times that I begged and pleaded with God to DO SOMETHING (translation: make this work out like I want it to, LORD!)…but I didn’t really expect any results.

The time has come for us to stop offering hollow prayers.  God may not answer us immediately…or in the way that we expect or desire…but He will answer.  He does hear us, and if we earnestly call on Him to display His power and radiant glory, He will do so!

I am learning to talk to God about everything…to give Him my burdens and my desires…and to WAIT on Him to answer.  I know that He will…and that He will answer YOU, also.  Are you ready to pray expectantly - with faith and intention…or will you just keep telling God your problems and hoping He fixes them?


©2015 Debbie Robus

No comments: