Daily Devotional for April 6, 2015

Psalm 119:105-112
By your words I can see where I’m going;
    they throw a beam of light on my dark path.
I’ve committed myself and I’ll never turn back
    from living by your righteous order.
Everything’s falling apart on me, God;
    put me together again with your Word.
Festoon me with your finest sayings, God;
    teach me your holy rules.
My life is as close as my own hands,
    but I don’t forget what you have revealed.
The wicked do their best to throw me off track,
    but I don’t swerve an inch from your course.
I inherited your book on living; it’s mine forever—
    what a gift! And how happy it makes me!
I concentrate on doing exactly what you say—
    I always have and always will.

Scripture quotations from The Message. © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene Peterson.  Used by permission of NavPress, Colorado Springs, CO.  All rights reserved.

If you have spent any time at all with little kids, you know that a favorite question is “What’s next?”  “What are we going to do when we finish this?” they will often ask…or “Where are we going next?”  And these are really good questions for us to ask ourselves this day after Easter Sunday.  What IS next for us?  The candy has been eaten, the Easter finery has been worn, the eggs have all been hunted, and many of us have shared a family dinner and/or get-together.  In spiritual terms, we have studied and celebrated Jesus’ birth, life, death by crucifixion, and resurrection.  So the logical next question to ask is, “Where do we go from here?”

Jesus - the Light of the World - is illuminating our way along the path of righteousness.  He has given us the instructions…and a “map” for staying on course.  Now all we have to do is follow Him…walk in His light…listen for His voice…and carry His Holy Spirit in our heart.  Will there be times of hardship, struggle, sadness and disappointment?  Probably.  Will we be tempted to go another direction…to venture down other paths?  Most likely!  Will the devil and his agents try to throw us off track? Definitely!  Can we withstand these trials and temptations and remain faithful to Jesus?  Absolutely!

Easter Sunday may be over, but life in Christ is just revving up!  It’s time to apply all we have been taught…to be the hands and feet of Jesus each and every day…to walk in faith and stand on His promises.  We have been told that Jesus is preparing a place for us for all Eternity…that Heaven is our real home – not this earth.  We have been given His Holy Spirit to guide us every step of the way until we are called to our eternal Home, once and for all.  And by the power and grace of God Almighty through Jesus Christ…we.can.do.this

Are you ready to walk in the Light?


©2015 Debbie Robus

No comments: