Daily Devotional for June 10, 2010

June 10 ~ Psalm 56:4
I praise your promises! I trust you and am not afraid. No one can harm me.

Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991,1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

My mother has a dear friend who is suffering from serious heart problems. She told my mom that recently she was so worried about her situation, and… “The Lord seemed to say to me, ‘You cannot add one second to your life.’” After that, she said she experienced great peace.

At some point in our lives, we will all probably be in a situation where we are driving a motorized vehicle, and someone says to us, “Move over and let me drive.” I know I sound like a broken record when I say this, but we are all so busy trying to “drive the car” that is our life. You know those bumper stickers that say, “God is my co-pilot?” The truth is, God should be our pilot! HE should be “driving the car!” He wants us to “move over and let Him drive,” and the sooner we do this, the sooner we can ditch our fears.

My mom’s friend is right, “We cannot add one second to our lives… we cannot fight the enemies that Satan hurls at us. But GOD can… and He will, if we will simply get out of the way.” Move over and let God drive. Operate in courage and faith and toss fear out the window. Believe in the power of Almighty God to conquer all of your demons and enemies… and praise Him for doing so.

©2010 Debbie Robus

No comments: