Daily Devotional for June 5, 2010

June 5 ~ 1 Chronicles 28:20
But you must see that everything is done according to these plans. Be confident, and never be afraid of anything or get discouraged. The LORD my God will help you do everything needed to finish the temple, so it can be used for worshiping him.

Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991,1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

Last winter, the store where I sold antiques and “treasures” went out of business. I had to box up everything that I had left there to sell and bring it home. I had taken a lot of stuff to that store! My husband is so much more organized than I am, and he helped me by bringing everything home and unboxing it in long rows in one stall of our garage. He said, “You can sort through it there and decide what you want to do.” Let me tell you, it was a daunting task, and when I first looked at it, I was so discouraged.

I set aside two days to sort and box the items, and I asked God to give me strength, and little by little, the items got sorted and organized and “whittled down” to a manageable set. I soon had everything boxed, a car loaded for the new store, and the rest put in a closet for later. When I got to my empty space at the new store, we brought in the boxes, and I started to unpack. At first, it looked like a war zone…things stacked on shelves, tissue paper and bubble wrap everywhere, and I think the store manager was a little afraid it was not going to come together. But I kept working, and soon the booth was finished… and we were all pleased with how nice it looked.

From time to time, our lives resemble a “war zone” of disarray, confusion, and stuff. But we must not be discouraged. Consider that in all of this, God is building something within us. He is still there, helping clear out the clutter… mentally, physically, and spiritually. He is helping you do what you need to do to build His temple within your heart, so that you can worship Him better every single day. So keep plugging along. Keep unpacking, stacking, sorting…and purging the junk! Keep GOD totally in charge – and you will be amazed at how well He orchestrates the journey – and the outcome. We must remind ourselves not to be fearful or discouraged, because we have the Master Designer working in our heart. With Him in charge, there is no way we can fail.

©2010 Debbie Robus

No comments: