Daily Devotional for June 7, 2010

June 7 ~ Psalm 27:3
Armies may surround me, but I won't be afraid; war may break out, but I will trust you.

Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991,1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

The next time someone says to me, “I think the ‘end times’ are near,” I’m gonna shout “Whoopie!!!” People say that in the same tone as they say, “Oooo… the boogie man is gonna get you!” If you stop and think about it, this is a ridiculous comment. Okay, maybe they say it because they see souls yet to be won to Christ and feel time is short. But this is really not how I hear it. I hear it more like “Be afraid… be very afraid!”

I, for one, am not afraid! For one thing, Psalm 27:3 tells us not to be. War may break out – the world may seem to fall apart – but we have nothing to fear. If we truly believe in God’s promises – if we believe that we are saved by the blood of Jesus Christ and destined for Paradise, then we have absolutely, positively NOTHING to fear – most certainly about ‘end times!’

I may not have another day, week, month, or year. I have no clue… and frankly, even pondering it is a waste of the time God has given me to serve Him on this earth. I know that He knows exactly to the minute how long I have here, and He is counting on me to use my time wisely and to trust Him for the rest. So what if we are in the ‘end times’ – I’m ready…aren’t you?

©2010 Debbie Robus

No comments: