Daily Devotional for June 21, 2010

June 21 ~ Zechariah 8:13
People of Judah and Israel, you have been a curse to the nations, but I will save you and make you a blessing to them. So don't be afraid or lose courage.

Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991,1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

For several years, a friend of mine tried to talk me into attending a Walk to Emmaus. I kept putting it off. See, I thought I needed to “fix” a few things before I went on such a “Spiritual” retreat. What I learned is that God was not expecting me to fix anything – He just expected me to come to Him and let Him do the rest! My Walk to Emmaus was an incredible, amazing, life-changing event. But God did not “fix” everything for me there. You see, I believe that God leaves a few things undone, so that we will still need Him and stay humble.

At the same time, I also believe that God is not sitting back waiting for us to fix ourselves – He’s waiting on us to come to Him for the fixing! And, I don’t believe there is anything we have ever done or said or thought that is so horrible that God will not love us or help us. He’s said as much in this scripture. He has said that even people who “have been a curse to the nations” can become a blessing to them. That’s you and me, too! Woo-hoo! This is great news!

Don’t be afraid or lose courage. Don’t stay away from God because you feel you aren’t good enough – or you aren’t ready. Run as fast as you can to Him! Let God do the “fixing” and change your curses into blessings. He can – He will… are you willing to let Him?

©2010 Debbie Robus

No comments: