Daily Devotional for February 5, 2011

Psalm 25:17-18, 21
My awful worries keep growing. Rescue me from sadness. See my troubles and misery and forgive my sins.

I obey you with all my heart, and I trust you, knowing that you will save me.

Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991,1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

If fear is one of the devil’s biggest tools, worry is the vehicle in which he delivers it. We worry about everything – what we will wear, who likes us or doesn’t, how we will make a living and put food on the table, what will happen to us when we grow old, and so much more. And I’m sorry to say that I am right there with everyone else much of the time.

I think what makes me the maddest is understanding how much this thrills Satan. I don’t want to give him even a split second of joy. So why can’t I stop worrying? Why can’t you?

Here’s the deal… as long as we let worry have a place in our lives, we have not “let go and let God” have control. Believe me, I know it’s hard. But I am committed to making a change… to surrendering to God’s control and letting him have my worries and any resulting troubles, misery and sadness. As the Apostle Paul pointed out, this will be a “daily surrender,” but I am ready to do whatever it takes… aren’t you?

Let’s make this the year we trust God to save us and put aside our worries. Let’s obey Him with all our heart and feel the joy and peace that can come from resting in His rescue and forgiveness. I’m more than ready for this journey… are you coming with me?

©2011 Debbie Robus

No comments: