Daily Devotional for June 22, 2012

Psalm 121:27-28
God guards you from every evil, he guards your very life. He guards you when you leave and when you return, he guards you now, he guards you always.

Scripture quotations from The Message. © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene Peterson. Used by permission of NavPress, Colorado Springs, CO. All rights reserved.

Imagine life in our nation’s White House, surrounded by Secret Service officials. Everywhere you go, someone is watching you – even if you don’t realize it. You are guarded when you go to school, to church, to a movie, or out for dinner. Your car is followed everywhere. You are protected as you sleep. Someone knows your whereabouts every minute of the night and day. Honestly, I’m not sure I would enjoy such scrutiny!

But in the case of my Heavenly Father, I welcome such close and comprehensive care. To think that I am continually guarded from evil…that God cares about me so much that I am always protected…is amazing, comforting, and almost beyond description. And the best part of all is that this same care and protection is extended to my family and friends… and my brothers and sisters in Christ, as well as all of those for whom I pray.

It takes a whole team of Secret Service agents to guard the First Family and others who are entitled to this level of protection. But all you and I need is Almighty God. He is more than enough to defend and protect us. And He is on the clock twenty-four/seven on our behalf! When was the last time you stopped and thought about how soundly you sleep at night – how blessed your days are – because God is guarding you? When was the last time you thanked Him for this? Isn’t this a perfect time to stop and do so? Aren’t you glad that God’s “Secret Service” detail is on duty in your life?

©2012 Debbie Robus

No comments: