Daily Devotional for March 25, 2015

Proverbs 3:5-6
With all your heart
you must trust the Lord
    and not your own judgment.
Always let him lead you,
    and he will clear the road
    for you to follow.

Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991,1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

Get ready to wave your hands in the air and say, “Noo-noo, Noo-noo!” (“Twilight Zone” theme song reference, for those of you of a certain age!). I went to bed last night praying for protection and care for several of our family members who are traveling.  I have to admit…the devil tried to fill my heart and mind with trepidation and fear.  I was awakened more than once in the night with this thought…”Trust in the LORD with all your heart…and lean not on your own understanding.” – Proverbs 3:5. I also was given the first verses of Psalm 121…“I look to the hills! Where will I find help? It will come from the Lord, who created the heavens and the earth.”

I woke up with these verses playing like a loop in my head.  And while you may think, “She must not have gotten a wink of sleep!”… I have to tell you, I slept very well!  What does this tell me?  That God is 100%...totally…in control.  He is with me, for me…even while I sleep.  God never leaves me…and He never will.  I have comfort today - for myself and for my loved ones. When I opened the outline I had prepared for this series of devotionals and discovered what was “on tap” as a scripture reference for today, I simply had to laugh out loud!  If this isn’t a sign that God is on top of the situation, I don’t know what would be!

Dozens of people I know and love are traveling because it is Spring Break.  They are having fun, spending time together as families, and making memories.  And God is watching over each of them.  I thank Him daily for this care and protection…and I know that He hears not only my prayers of praise, but also my “gentle-reminder petitions” on behalf of them.  He hears my prayers – and answers perfectly…and I am learning to fully rest in this.

With all my heart, I trust the LORD.  I learned the hard way what a waste of energy it is to doubt…to wring my hands and worry…to ask God to handle certain situations – and then pick them right back up and try to “massage” them myself!  I’m done with that.  I’m all in…believing that He is in complete control.  I still present my cares and concerns to him each day…but I fully trust Him to handle them without my interference.  I look to the hills for God’s help…and then I trust in God and His judgment.  What about you?


©2015 Debbie Robus

No comments: