Daily Devotional for March 28, 2015

Psalm 119:103-105
Your teachings are sweeter
    than honey.
They give me understanding
    and make me hate all lies.
Your word is a lamp
    that gives light
    wherever I walk.

Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991,1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

I’ve been sewing for the kids for Easter…a dress and matching pants for Zola, t-shirts with pockets in a coordinating fabric for the boys.  Everywhere I turn in my sewing room, there are lights.  There is bright fluorescent light overhead…a bright LED light on my sewing machine, and another bright bulb on my serger.  Even my iron has a light that tells me when the device is turned on – and blinks when the iron has been left unattended for more than a few minutes!  I cannot imagine trying to sew without these lights.  Well, okay…I guess I could do without the light on the iron – or could I?!

Without a strong light source, many daily tasks would be virtually impossible.  And so it is with God.  If we do not have His “Light source” – Jesus Christ – there are a lot of things that will always loom just beyond our grasp…like true joy, peace, comfort, wisdom, and courage.  If our hearts are not illuminated with the “Light” of the Holy Spirit, we will never experience an understanding of what it means to belong fully to God.

Someone told me recently that there are those who teach and preach God’s grace and love…but really do not feed us the scriptures.  They do not give us doctrine and Biblical instruction.  My reply was that until one understands the love, grace, mercy and forgiveness of Jesus Christ…until the LIGHT of His passion – and compassion – for each of us fills our hearts and minds, we will not hear the teachings of the scriptures.  They will hold no meaning for us – at least not to the extent that God intends.

My message to you today is that God loves you…far beyond what you could ever imagine and in spite of anything you might have ever thought, said, or done.  GOD LOVES YOU…so much that He sent Jesus to light the way for you to find Him. GOD LOVES YOU…so much that He allowed Jesus to die for your sins - and then gave you His Holy Spirit to illuminate your heart. God wants His word and will for your life to be sweeter than honey…He wants you to understand how perfect His plans and promises are for each of us. 

I cannot imagine what my sewing projects would look like if I created them in the dark…and I don’t even want to think about what my life would look like without the Light of Christ!  Won’t you fully embrace His Light for yourself and walk in His ways?  Will this be the day that you begin?


©2015 Debbie Robus

No comments: