Daily Devotional for March 27, 2015

Psalm 119:10-11
I have tried my best to find you—don’t let me wander off from your instructions. I have thought much about your words and stored them in my heart so that they would hold me back from sin.

The Living Bible copyright © 1971 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Have you ever misplaced something and “hunted high and low” for it?  When you finally DID locate whatever it was you were looking for, did you vow to put it in a safe place so that you would remember that it was there?  Have you ever said, “Someday, when I least expect it, XYZ will show up”…and stopped looking for whatever you lost?

This is exactly what a lot of us do with God.  I’m not talking about misplacing our Bible…although I’m sure that happens!  I’m talking about getting so caught up in our own desires and agendas and pushing God to the “back burner” to the point that He ultimately ends up under a pile of “stuff”, shoved to the corner.  And the first thing you know it, we wonder, “Where did God go?” Sadly, some of us leave Him there and assume that we’ll “find Him when we really need Him”!

The truth is that God didn’t go anywhere.  We wandered off!  And a lot of us have found our way back to God and said, “I’m ever going to let You go again!”  But then things happen, “life” gets in the way, and we slip back into old habits. 

We are reminded in this verse from Psalm 119 that we must make every effort to see that this doesn’t happen!  We must stay in constant fellowship with God…seek His word and wisdom…rest in His peace and comfort…and diligently pursue His will for our lives.  We must keep God in a place where we always know that He is there – and we must make sure that we never “lose” Him again.

Unlike some of our things that get “buried” or “lost”, God is not hard to find.  He is only a whisper away.  Will this be the day that you call to Him and give Him a place of permanent prominence in your life, once and for all?


©2015 Debbie Robus

No comments: