Daily Devotional for March 9, 2015

John 17:24-26
Father, I want everyone you have given me to be with me, wherever I am. Then they will see the glory that you have given me, because you loved me before the world was created. Good Father, the people of this world don’t know you. But I know you, and my followers know that you sent me. I told them what you are like, and I will tell them even more. Then the love that you have for me will become part of them, and I will be one with them.

Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991,1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

Have you ever had a friendship with someone that started out fairly rocky – until you got to know each other?  Maybe you thought this person was aloof, disinterested, or even over-bearing in some way.  Maybe you just didn’t “click” for some reason.  And maybe you almost didn’t give this person a second chance!  But then you spent some time together…you got to really know him/her…and you discovered that you’d made a pretty great friend in the process!

It’s often like this with Jesus…many people simply don’t give Him a chance.  They don’t take the time or put in the energy and effort to truly get to know Him – to see what a “great Guy” Jesus is, so to speak!

Perhaps you are one of the people who gave someone a second look and discovered a friend so precious that now you cannot imagine your life without him/her in it on a regular – if not daily - basis.  And maybe you have made this same discovery about Jesus Christ. If you haven’t…you should!

Spend some quality time with Jesus.  Read the New Testament and hear His words to the disciples…and to us as they have been shared through the ages.  Get to know Jesus in a deep and profound way…learn how loyal and loving He is.  Find out firsthand just how merciful and gracious Jesus can be…and cultivate an abiding and everlasting relationship with Him.  Get to the point where you cannot imagine a single minute without Jesus in your life…and then nurture this bond - and offer a prayer of thanks that you don’t have to ever be without Him!

Too often, we make snap judgments – about other people and situations…and about our relationship with Jesus.  In both cases, we risk missing out on some amazing opportunities and friendships.  Will this be the day that you take a second look at others – and more importantly - at Jesus?  Will this be the day that you truly get to know Jesus and learn what He has to offer?  Don’t you think it should be?


©2015 Debbie Robus

No comments: