Daily Devotional for March 31, 2015

Luke 22:8-13
So Jesus said to Peter and John, “Go and prepare the Passover meal for us to eat.”

But they asked, “Where do you want us to prepare it?”

Jesus told them, “As you go into the city, you will meet a man carrying a jar of water. Follow him into the house and say to the owner, ‘Our teacher wants to know where he can eat the Passover meal with his disciples.’ The owner will take you upstairs and show you a large room ready for you to use. Prepare the meal there.”

Peter and John left. They found everything just as Jesus had told them, and they prepared the Passover meal.

Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991,1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

My idea of a “perfect vacation” is to go somewhere for a few days and be totally pampered…no meals to cook, no dishes to wash, nothing to clean… just do as I please ALL.DAY.LONG!  It has been suggested that I can do this at home – and those of you who know what a huge homebody I am may figure that this would be a good fit!  But there would still be dishes (if only carry-out containers to dispose) and little things to be done…or reminders of tasks that I need to do. 

Think about times you have gone on vacation – or even to a friend’s house for dinner – and EVERYTHING was done for you.  All you had to do was show up and enjoy the meal and fellowship.  Someone else took care of all of the details.  Isn’t that a good feeling?  Don’t you feel just a little bit special?

Now think about this scripture passage and how Jesus had taken care of everything.  All the disciples had to do was to go to the specific house and prepare the Passover meal.  Everything was there for them…it was all arranged. The disciples simply had to follow Jesus’ directions, and they would find the right place.  And every detail of our lives is arranged by God in just this manner.  All we have to do is communicate with Him…listen for His directions…and follow them…and everything is planned and prepared.

Today, I am grateful for preparation.

  • I am grateful that God loves me…that He planned and prepared for my life eons ago!
  • I am grateful that God sent Jesus to prepare us to live according to His teachings.
  • I am grateful that Jesus died on the cross for my sins – that He prepared for my salvation long before I was even born.
  • I am grateful that Jesus has gone to prepare an Eternal place for me…and you…and all who seek Him and give their hearts to Him.
I feel incredibly special and loved.  To think that God has done all of this for me is overwhelming, in a way.  I cannot wrap my brain around such love and preparation…and yet, I will gladly accept it! 

I know that there is really no such thing on this earth as the “perfect vacation.”  But I also know that this - and so much more - awaits me in heaven, thanks to God’s incredible preparation.  I plan to enjoy every single minute of it!  Meanwhile, I will pay close attention to the daily “preparations” that God makes in my life and relish each and every one.  What about you?


©2015 Debbie Robus

No comments: