Daily Devotional for November 15, 2016

Romans 1:16-17
For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is God’s powerful method of bringing all who believe it to heaven. This message was preached first to the Jews alone, but now everyone is invited to come to God in this same way. This Good News tells us that God makes us ready for heaven—makes us right in God’s sight—when we put our faith and trust in Christ to save us. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scripture says it, “The man who finds life will find it through trusting God.”

The Living Bible copyright © 1971 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

I’ve been having some serious conversations with God lately…peppered with several questions…”How? Why? When? Will we? Can we? What if?”  We all want to believe that everything will be okay…in a myriad of circumstances and situations.  But the head and heart often have a major disconnect.

For more than a few of us, there are people in our lives who have questions, also – especially children. As Christian disciples, it is somewhat our job to reassure them.  Just as God promises us that He has the power – and desire – to meet our every need (perfectly!)…we must assure those we encounter of this claim.  In order to make a good “sell,” we have to believe it for ourselves!

Read the last sentence of our scripture passage again…”The man who finds life will find it through trusting God.”  Don’t you want this?  Don’t you want to live in confidence and peace, rather than fear and an unsettled spirit?   I know I do…and I am working hard to fortify my trust in God.  I am studying His word…praying…and seeking encouragement in the everyday blessings He bestows upon me.

I am not ashamed of the Good News about Christ…and I am determined to build my faith and trust as God makes me ready for heaven – and demonstrate this to others.  What about you?


©2016 Debbie Robus

No comments: