Daily Devotional for November 9, 2016

Matthew 8:5-10
When Jesus arrived in Capernaum, a Roman army captain came and pled with him to come to his home and heal his servant boy who was in bed paralyzed and racked with pain.

“Yes,” Jesus said, “I will come and heal him.”

Then the officer said, “Sir, I am not worthy to have you in my home; and it isn’t necessary for you to come. If you will only stand here and say, ‘Be healed,’ my servant will get well! I know, because I am under the authority of my superior officers and I have authority over my soldiers, and I say to one, ‘Go,’ and he goes, and to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes, and to my slave boy, ‘Do this or that,’ and he does it. And I know you have authority to tell his sickness to go—and it will go!”

Jesus stood there amazed! Turning to the crowd he said, “I haven’t seen faith like this in all the land of Israel!

Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991,1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.
    
I was so anxious – almost excited – to see what God would have to say to me today in His Holy Word.  I knew it would be profound…comforting…encouraging…healing.  And I am not disappointed.  Clearly, God is using this passage to show me that He is still in control…still ready, willing, and able to meet our needs.  All we have to do is trust Him.

Wherever I am, I can simply whisper, “LORD, I need You…” and He will be there.  Whatever is on my heart…I can share…and Jesus hears me.  Whenever I am defeated, He lifts me up…and when I am joyful and victorious, He celebrates with me.  I know with all my heart that when I ask Jesus to come to me – or heal me – He is already one step ahead of me.

So today…in ALL things…I am whispering, “LORD…I need You.”  And I know that He hears me…and will answer.


©2016 Debbie Robus

No comments: