Daily Devotional for May 16, 2010

May 16 ~ Isaiah 41:13
I am the LORD your God. I am holding your hand, so don't be afraid. I am here to help you.

Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991,1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

My sister and I are only eleven months apart in age. When we were toddlers, my grandmother had cribs in her bedroom for each of us, and she positioned my sister’s next to her bed. The only way Grandmother could get my sister to sleep at night was to hold her hand until she fell asleep. For some reason, there is something very comforting about someone holding our hand, particularly when we are in a stressful or uncomfortable situation. I have found myself standing over Timothy’s crib and holding his hand to encourage him to fall asleep… and it often is all that is needed.

Now we see a scriptural reference to hand holding. If it makes you feel better to have your grandma, your great-aunt, a significant other, or just a good friend hold your hand, imagine how great it will feel to hold GOD’s hand! He is already on the job, doing just that… all we have to do is recognize Him. So the next time you need a hand to hold, remember GOD is there to help you, and He is holding your hand all the way. Don’t you feel better already?!

©2010 Debbie Robus

No comments: