Daily Devotional for October 9, 2016

Psalm 46:10
Our God says, “Calm down,
    and learn that I am God!
    All nations on earth
    will honor me.”

Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991,1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.
    
There are so many things happening in our world today – especially in our own country – that have a lot of us feeling like the earth has spun off its axis.  And yet, this morning I shared with ten 5-and-6-year-olds the story of Moses and how he made excuses to God.  I encouraged them to learn to listen to God and follow His plans for their lives. I assured them that God DOES have a plan for each of them, and that over time, He will reveal His mission for them through such things as prayer and Bible study…and He will help them implement this plan. They will be tempted to make excuses, just as Moses was – and as we often are - but they should learn to trust God and carry forward with His commands.

It’s hard to convince children that this is true…especially in light of what is going on all around us these days.  But I am confident that God is still in charge…that His plans are still perfect…that all nations WILL honor Him.  So I am not going to make excuses – for others – or to God.   I am going to stay calm…to trust and believe…to “be still and know” that He is GOD.  What about you?


©2016 Debbie Robus



No comments: