Daily Devotional for October 3, 2011

Psalm 116:1-2
I love you, LORD! You answered my prayers. You paid attention to me, and so I will pray to you as long as I live.

Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991,1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

Timothy loves a YouTube video from Sesame Street that features comedian Jon Stewart demonstrating the word “practice.” In this clip, Stewart reads the definition of the word “practice” several times, reiterating that practice means to do something over and over again until you get it right. When it comes to prayer, we could all use some practice!

The more I pray, the more I see God at work and experience His answers… feel His presence and His attention to even the tiniest details of my life. And I have to tell you, this motivates me to pray even more… to pray to God as long as I live!

I encourage you to give prayer some practice… to pray over and over again until you get it right… feel God’s attention and His answers. I am pretty sure you will find the same outcome as I did… and you will want to pray as long as you live, also.

We have everything to gain and nothing to lose. God is waiting to talk with us… to lavish His love and attention upon us. Won’t you “pick up the phone”, so to speak, and dial in to a connection with Him? See for yourself what blessings the “practice” of prayer can bring to you and those for whom you pray.

©2011 Debbie Robus

No comments: