Daily Devotional for January 2, 2016

Psalm 41:10
Lord, don’t you desert me! Be gracious, Lord, and make me well again so I can pay them back! I know you are pleased with me because you haven’t let my enemies triumph over me. You have preserved me because I was honest; you have admitted me forever to your presence.

The Living Bible copyright © 1971 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
   
My sister-in-law offered me these words as I headed to the hospital early this morning.  My mother was admitted last night for possible infection and low blood sugar…a count so low that she could have died.  The doctor said she should not have even been able to walk and talk, yet she managed to somewhat do both - and never lost consciousness.

I am sitting in a hospital room, praying a paraphrased version of this scripture…”Lord, don’t you desert me!  Be gracious and ‘fix’ what I cannot. Heal my mother according to YOUR will – not mine – and keep her comfortable. Please do not let her suffer. You HAVE preserved me, and I am learning to never question You.”

I pray that you will take time to study this Psalm, and to make a version of these words your own prayer.  Trust God in all things. Call on Him to do what He does best…and to handle what we cannot – and are not supposed to even attempt.

Yesterday morning, I shared a story with my mother that Timothy’s mother shared with me just lately.  It seems that she noticed that Timothy had stopped including his Granny in his night-time prayers.  She asked him, “Why don’t you pray for Granny anymore?”  He replied…”I don’t need to…the LORD will take care of her!”

My mother commented that truly, God never forgets a prayer…and once we have spoken it, we should consider it answered.  I laughed and said that I like to remind Him and keep the “din” going to heaven at a high decibel level.  But she is right…God IS faithful.  He does answer “on the first ring,” and once we have given a burden or concern to Him, He is truly “on it!”

So I am giving God my mother…and all of my “situations.”  I can’t promise that I won’t mention them to Him again – and again – and again!  I’m pesky like that!  But I am trusting Him to handle things.  I know that He will never desert me…or my Mom...or you!  I feel His grace, mercy, and healing peace…and I pray that whatever your day brings – you feel it, too.


©2016 Debbie Robus

No comments: