Daily Devotional for January 30, 2016

Psalm 31:19
You are wonderful,
    and while everyone watches,
you store up blessings for all
    who honor and trust you.

Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991,1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

Recent events have caused me to reflect on my life and the lives of those I love.  I found myself reading through some old prayer journals, and I realized once again just how blessed I have been.  Prayer after prayer has been answered.  Situations that seemed impossible have resolved – and perfectly.  Healings have taken place…people have turned their hearts to Jesus…and yes, some have been called to Heaven for all of eternity.

In each instance, I see how God worked.  I am blessed – and also humbled.  I am reminded how ridiculous it is to question Him…or to waste time on worry and fear.  I see how God has safely steered me through situations that I thought I could not handle…and comforted me when I thought that something in “life” was more than I could possibly bear.

As I read this passage, I had a mental image of a child stacking blocks.  I’ve done this countless times with Timothy, Zola and Nathan. I’ve watched the tower rise higher and higher into the air.  I also was reminded of the story of “Jack and the Beanstalk,” where the vine wound its way up into the heavens.  I couldn’t help but picture God stacking blessings and care…healings and resolutions…comfort and peace…and untold love – winding them higher and higher into the heavens on our behalf, while everyone stands and watches.

The trouble is…some of us are not paying attention!  We are not watching God do this for us, because we are busy tending to our own desires…wringing our hands in frustration, anger or worry…or throwing our own giant pity party.  It is time we shifted our focus and began to pay attention to what God is really doing in our lives…how He is meeting our every need. 

This is the day to begin to seek God in all things…to honor and trust Him for every single circumstance in our lives. Are you ready to do this?  Will this be the day that you your focus shifts to God and the plans that He has for you – the blessings He longs to stack on your behalf?  Don’t you think it’s time?


©2016 Debbie Robus

No comments: