Daily Devotional for October 20, 2015

James 1:2-4
Dear brothers, is your life full of difficulties and temptations? Then be happy, for when the way is rough, your patience has a chance to grow. So let it grow, and don’t try to squirm out of your problems. For when your patience is finally in full bloom, then you will be ready for anything, strong in character, full and complete.

The Living Bible copyright © 1971 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

“If it’s not one thing…it’s another.”  Does this describe your life?  I know it surely tells the tale for me…and I consider my life to be pretty free of worries and challenges, in comparison to most.  But when I take a step back and really look at what is happening in my own life, I see that the issue is not so much that there aren’t “difficulties and temptations” as much as that I am learning to lean on God and trust Him to handle them.

Do I always succeed?  Absolutely not!  In any given moment, I am one breath away from a meltdown or temper tantrum!  And I am by no means a patient person.  But I can also look at the events of my life and see how God knit them together perfectly.  I can look at challenges that have come my way and recognize how God made a way where I saw none.  I am reminded of how He comforted and guided me through some seemingly unbearable events.  And I am encouraged by the promise that God never quits!

Whatever lies ahead of me, I know Who will lead and guide my steps.  Even in my weakest moments, I know that I am truly strong, full, complete…and ready for whatever “life” hurls at me, thanks to my Heavenly Father.  Whenever temporary frustrations mount, I am learning to quiet myself with a silent reminder that “God’s got this!”  As bad as things seem in any given minute, I know that He will show me a way to get through them. 

I can’t say that I am exactly happy about the difficulties and temptations that come my way…but I feel that I am ready for them, thanks to God and His guidance and protection.  What about you?


©2015 Debbie Robus

No comments: