Daily Devotional for November 20, 2015

Psalm 94:19
Lord, when doubts fill my mind, when my heart is in turmoil, quiet me and give me renewed hope and cheer.

The Living Bible copyright © 1971 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Earlier this week, I shared a video on Facebook by Francine Christophe, a then-8-year-old French Jewish girl who was held as a prisoner of war in the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp in northern Germany during WWII.  The main theme of Christophe’s story centered around two pieces of chocolate that her mother had carried with her to share on a day “when I see you have completely collapsed and really need help.”  I urge you to use the link I have provided and watch this video for yourself.  See how God orchestrated so many events – even decades after the war ended!

I share this story with you to say this…we all have doubts.  At times, our hearts are all in turmoil…we falter in the “Hope and Cheer Department.”  But when I read stories like this one – or hear accounts on the nightly news of people who have experienced incredible, horrific atrocities or those who have suffered unimaginable torture and grief,  I think of the thousands of refugees and orphans who wonder where they will lay their head at night and if/when they will eat again.  And I am humbled to think that the God who can quiet them and renew their hope and cheer can – and will – do the same thing for me.

My “troubles” pale in comparison to those of so many – yet I know that God cares just as deeply for me as He does for anyone else.  And He feels the same way about YOU!  Whatever your doubts today, ask God to reassure you.  Whatever turmoil has stirred your heart, call on Him to quiet you and renew your hope and cheer.  When you have “completely collapsed and really need help,” let our Heavenly Father be like the “piece of chocolate” that soothes you.

I know it’s hard to “let go and let God” sometimes…but He so wants to meet us where we are and handle our every need.  Isn’t it time that we let Him?


©2015 Debbie Robus     

https://www.facebook.com/robert.eshbach/videos/1051135241572083/?pnref=story

No comments: