Daily Devotional for November 8, 2015

Philippians 4:6-7
Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.

The Living Bible copyright © 1971 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

As I tucked Timothy into bed, he was fretting about going to sleep in the dark.  I told him, “You worry too much!”  “But I like to worry,” he replied.  “Well, trust me...” I answered. “It’s a waste of time!” 

Even though he is only six, I have begun to encourage Timothy to pray about his worries.  I know that the sooner he learns to do this, the better.  And I speak from experience as a life-long, expert worrier!

These are the well-known “peace that passes understanding” scriptures in Philippians, and I love how this translation describes that peace as “a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good” to “come and settle you down.”  The more I learn to give my worries to God and rest in this promise, the better – and less stressful – life gets.  I’m working hard to instill this same assurance in our little ones…and I pray that it is so for you, as well.

Are you ready to give God your worries and live in His amazing and all-encompassing peace?  Don’t you think it’s time you were?


©2015 Debbie Robus 

No comments: