Daily Devotional for February 29, 2016

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the man who isn’t a Christian can’t understand and can’t accept these thoughts from God, which the Holy Spirit teaches us. They sound foolish to him because only those who have the Holy Spirit within them can understand what the Holy Spirit means. Others just can’t take it in.

The Living Bible copyright © 1971 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
 
Have you ever had a change in plans that turned out to be a real “blessing in disguise?”  Has someone ever quite shown up – literally or symbolically – in your life at just the right time?  How many times have you wondered, “How did that happen?” or “How did he/she know what I needed?”

We all have these experiences.  And for some of us, they truly are a mystery.  But for those of us who are attuned to the Holy Spirit, we know better!  The more I get to know God and understand how He works in my life, the more often I recognize when His Holy Spirit shows up – and frequently shows out! 

Every day, God orchestrates the events of our lives.  Just recently, I have noticed how many times I start to work on a devotional and a particular scripture passage…and that very concept will be the theme of my passage from a devotional book…or someone will mention a scripture on Facebook, and it dovetails neatly with what I have just read/written!  There are days when I know that God is completely guiding me to write in a certain direction…and days when I feel the Holy Spirit leading me down a totally different path.

For a long time, I was like many people...somewhat awed – and at times even rattled - by how things just seemed to “happen.”  Now I know better.  And yes, there are times that I say to someone, “The Holy Spirit did that!” – and they look at me like I am from Mars.  But I know His voice…and I hope that by sharing this, they will come to know it, too!  I want others to think of the Holy Spirit as a friend and comforter…not some ghostly apparition that is meant to scare and intimidate us!  When I was a child, most adults referred to “the Holy Ghost”…and I didn’t have a clue who or what that was!  Now I know…and I am so glad!

I want others to understand how the Holy Spirit can work in our lives. I am learning to rest in His daily “steering” of me in the right direction…and I want others to do the same.  So I am glad to point out when the Holy Spirit orchestrates events in my life and creates a far better situation than I ever could.  What about you?


©2016 Debbie Robus

No comments: